Pro Sites levels for Forums plugin

This questions is really more about the Forums plugin, but the new popup menu listing the plugins doesn't list Forums, so I can't select that, for some reason. ???

Anyway, I just installed Forums to test it out because Simple:stuck_out_tongue:ress is getting to be a headache.

Here is my problem, I don't want to network install the plugin, because I want the use of forums only available for particular levels.

If I don't network activate, I can set a level in Pro Sites — but I can't access the Forums settings.

If I do network activate it, I can access the Forums settings — but can't set a Pro Sites level.

Isn't there a way to limit the use of this plugin by Pro Sites level?

Thanks.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey

Anyway, I just installed Forums to test it out because Simple:stuck_out_tongue:ress is getting to be a headache.

I do like Simple Press but its a bit much sometimes and the last time I tried it wasn't so great for multisite installs.

If I don't network activate, I can set a level in Pro Sites — but I can't access the Forums settings.

If I do network activate it, I can access the Forums settings — but can't set a Pro Sites level.

So you are want to preset the settings for when the per activates? Or are you trying to restrict this and preset it?

Take care.

• ProSapien
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for responding, Timothy. Not sure I understand your questions.

The forum settings let me specify topics per page, posts per page, max # of forums, and max number of forums for upgraded blogs.

If I use this with ProSites, that settings tab doesn't appear.

Does that mean I CAN use Pro Sites to allow access to forums, but if I do, I can't specify those items above? Does this mean all those with access have unlimited access? Something else?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Ah I see what you mean, you refer to the quotas page? (Screenshot)

Yes they only show when network activated.

So to clarify in my mind, you wanted to offer premium forums but then restrict the amount until they upgrade to a certain level?

Does that sound about right?

It isn't currently possible but we can move this over to the feature request area to see if others would like this as well.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.