Pro Sites + MarketPress + Membership + Affiliates + BuddyPress + bbPress

I was hoping that these would all work out together. I wanted MarketPress and Membership to be premium plugins but I noticed that in membership there is a option for BuddyPress features. I was wondering if that would be available on all sites off the main site. If so, I wouldn't want other site having access to Membership because BuddyPress is part of the main site. So, could someone explain how all this can work together. I don't want other sites being able to restrict BuddyPress.

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

If you are going to be using BuddyPress, you would almost certainly be activating it at the network level. Consequently, other sites will not have access to the settings for BuddyPress and will not be able to restrict or otherwise limit access to it.

• Zachary
    • The Incredible Code Injector

BuddyPress and Affiliates are net activated. bbPress, MarketPress, and membership are not. I want the BuddyPress settings only available on the main site. Is that what will happen? Or will each membership site have separate BuddyPress permissions?

• Zachary

But I will not be Network activating Memberships. I want that as a premium plugin in Pro Sites. So if I am understanding correctly, if I have BuddyPress Network Activated and Membership Active on the main site, the main site will be the only one with the BuddyPress permissions?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Zach,

Greetings and thanks for your post.

Zyniker suggested it right. (points coming)

BuddyPress : Network activated, will only work on the main site.

Membership if not network activated, would be available as a Premium plugin in Prosites. So if you want to use it on your mainsite, then you can activate it on your main site itself.

So if I am understanding correctly, if I have BuddyPress Network Activated and Membership Active on the main site, the main site will be the only one with the BuddyPress permissions?

Yes, that is right.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Zachary

I have another quick question, If I enable the affiliates MarketPress and Membership integration, does that make it global to the site. Like, explain how that would work in a setup. Does the network get the money for affiliates or does the owner of the site running Membership/MarketPress get it?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

If I enable the affiliates MarketPress and Membership integration, does that make it global to the site

If affiliate plugin is activated Globally, then it would be available to all the subsites.

Does the network get the money for affiliates or does the owner of the site running Membership/MarketPress get it?

Its separate for all the sites. But the affiliates are created on a network level as the users are registered on a network level. So the affiliate links would be common for all the sites. That ways one would be able to use his affiliate link to earn from a lot of sites.

Does that answer your question ? If not, please feel free to ask more :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Zachary

I don't see what you are saying because I don't see the Affiliate settings in each dashboard. I see Affiliate referrals but, that just lists the users referrals. It woulds like you are saying that it should have its own settings for each sub site and I am not seeing that.
    Also, does market press just use 3 tables on a multisite? I have it enabled on a sub site with an ID of 2 and there is 3 tables just labeled:

apnet_mp_products
    apnet_mp_terms
    apnet_mp_term_relationships

Since I have this activated on the second site, wouldn't it be:

apnet_2_mp_products
    apnet_2_mp_terms
    apnet_2_mp_term_relationships

It's a bit odd to have a global table for all the MarketPress sites. I'm just wondering if it's a problem with my installation.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Zach,

Like most Multisite aware plugins MarketPress will create only one set of of global tables. It does not create a set of its tables for each sub-site. Within the tables there is column information to designate a specific row is related to a specific site.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

As for the affiliates question/problem?

If you want separate Affiliate settings on each subsite, you should not network activate Affiliates plugin.

If you network activate it, it will run network wide and there be network only settings.

Try network deactivating it and enabling it site by site and it should give you separate settings for each site.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Won't this remove the pro site integrations that Affiliate offers?

That is a good question.

I am gonna need to do some research on that and do some tests to see how that goes.

I will keep you posted on this as I make progress.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

I tested it in detail and put a small test on my lab site.

Even if you network deactivate Affiliates and activate it site by site it will still work with ProSites. All you need to do is activate it on the main site and it will automatically integrate with ProSites if you have enabled the ProSites addon !

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Zach,

Thanks for posting back.

I think that should go as a suggestion for plugin improvement so that if the plugin is not network activated, the prosites addon should not be visible on the subsites.

Or a logic like, the addon would only be visible when the corresponding plugin is activated on the subsite/site.

I have sent this to Paul and will wait for his feedback on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Zach,

Agreed. Having that option show on the individual site Affiliate Add-on listing for enabling Pro Sites is confusing since you would not ever have that situation since Pro Sites is Network activated only.

Will see about correcting this in the next release.

Anything else?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.