Pro Sites + Membership 2 + Stripe = conflict(s)

Hello :slight_smile:

I'm using Stripe recurring payments with Pro Sites and it works fine. Now i also want to use Stripe payments with Membership 2.

I noticed that there is a some kind of conflict when using this combination. --> Membership payments fail at payment confirmation: Stripe card details/payment-popup shows green tick as "payment accepted" but after that, site just loads blank page and payment gets "pending"-status.

When I deactivate Pro Sites membership payments work fine.

Thank you for help! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Also Antisplog Rename wp-signup.php doesn't work after Membership 2 is actived. Only blank page appears when going site.com/signup-xxx. Any solutions?

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Riku,

I've been testing this on my end and I can confirm the issue. When using both Pro Sites and Membership 2 after completing payment and subscribing for level it goes to the blank page.

Most likely cause Pro sites and Membership both try to overwrite the url's. Generally this shouldn't be the issue if Membership is used on a subsite, are you looking to use Membership specifically on your main site?

There is still no direct integration between the two plugins but I'll report this to plugin developer to see if there is anything we can do about this.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Philipp Stracker

Hi Riku and Bojan,

We found a bug similar to this last week and fixed it already. It will included in the next release (scheduled for this week)

Though I did not test this issue here, the problem we found was this: Another plugin used the same Stripe API library as Membership 2, so both plugins wanted to load the same Stripe class which caused an php error (cannot declare class "Stripe" again)

Please let us know if there's anything else that we should take to look at, after you installed the next update. I'll mark this thread as resolved for now, feel free to re-open it if needed.
    Thanks, Philipp :slight_smile:

• RL

Ok. Thank you! Hope that'll fix mine and others problems. If it won't i'll let you know.

Using subsite is also a possibility. I'm not actually using Membership to hide/protect content on my site. Just selling additional premium services(accounts/memberships etc) for clients who have already signed to my multisite. That way one won't be needed to have too many Pro Sites levels and could have multiple additional services with occuring payments to sell. :slight_smile:

Maybe Pro Sites could have "sell additional features"-feature, which would let site owners to for ex. add more upload quota without upgrading Pro Site Level. With price per month going up automatically

In my current case, I don't need "automatic featured addings" to memberships so I think this works fine! :slight_smile: (For now :wink: