Pro Sites & Mutisite Plugin Manager

You recently posted a blog discussing managing your multisite installation by using Pro sites alongside Multisite Plugin Manager.
I already have Pro Sites on my site, but have not started using yet. This is my next project.
When I saw this blog from you, recommending that I install MultiSite Plugin Manager to work with Pro Sites, I did just that, but having installed the plugin and activated it, it did not recognise any of my already installed and activated plugins.
So I contacted the author of Multisite Plugin Manager and explained the problem, and simply received a curt response stating that if i had read the information on the plugin screen, it states that it does not work with already activated plugins. That was the only response, nothing else, no advice or anything. So I replied and asked if I was supposed to deactivate all of my plugins and reactivate them to make them recognised, and all I received back, was a curt yes.
I am obviously wary of deactivating all of my plugins as I am not sure what impact that will have on my site.
Also I am struggling to find any useful help on the use of this plugin, other than your recommendation. I dont know what benefits it offers, what it achieves, or how it works in conjunction with Pro Sites.
Can you please direct me to some useful tutorials or help information.
Thank you
Paul Yates

• Luís

Hi @paul203,

Hope you're doing well today!

Regarding to the beneficts of Plugin Manager, we can take the information mentioned in the plugin page:

- Select what plugins sites have access to;
    - Choose plugins to Auto-Activate for all new blogs;
    - Mass activate/deactivate a plugin on all sites in your network;
    - Assign special plugin access permissions for specific sites in your network (in Sites -> Edit Site -> Settings)

Working together with Pro Sites, you will see the option "Pro Sites" under User Control (Plugins > Plugin Management) to allow the plugin only for Pro Sites users.

Also, you can use the Premium Plugins module of Pro Sites to manage the plugins that are available for your subscriptions (levels).

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.