Pro Sites New Site and User Setup

If I wanted to limit capabilities of my sites admins at signup (add/edit pages, plugins, themes, only allow to add users of same level or below & add new posts), how would I integrate that with Pro Sites? If I wanted to make it where we (360PDP) setup the new site for the customer first before the New User gets access to the site, how would I go about setting that up?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Daniel, Michael here, welcome to the WPMU DEV Community! :slight_smile:

If I wanted to limit capabilities of my sites admins at signup (add/edit pages, plugins, themes, only allow to add users of same level or below & add new posts), how would I integrate that with Pro Sites?

Could you elaborate on how you're looking to limit the capabilities here?

Inside of Pro Sites, for the first three items you mentioned:

- Add/edit pages
    - Plugins
    - Themes

You make me think of these modules:

- Limit Publishing
    - Post/Page Quotas
    - Premium Plugins
    - Premium Plugins Manager
    - Premium Themes

If I wanted to make it where we (360PDP) setup the new site for the customer first before the New User gets access to the site, how would I go about setting that up?

Hmm... in looking into this one, this'd require custom development presently, but as a thought to what would be required, you'd most likely need to set the role of the user that's registering for the subsite to be a Subscriber, leastways so that they can't make edits.

You'd be looking to do this with a script though, hence the need for custom development. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Daniel

Basically I'm looking to clone a template site each time a site is purchased. For example, user signs up for a Starter Plan. They choose what sport for their plan and we limit the number of posts (custom post type: Players) on the site according to their plan. The User (Custom User Type: Coach) should only have the ability to create or edit posts (Custom post type: Players); create, edit, or upload users (players, parents of players, or other coaches with same rights); and media. Would this be better done using a Membership setup rather than Pro Sites or is there a way to make the creation of a new Pro Site only handled internally?

• Daniel

How might I have M2 + Pro Sites working side by side with this scenario or something similar?
    Starter Plan: 25 Posts (Custom Type), Admin User has limited capabilities (Create/ Edit Users & Posts)
    $99 Setup Fee (We create the site for the client) + $29/mo
    Basic Plan: 100 Posts (Custom Type), Admin User has limited capabilities (Create/ Edit Users & Posts)
    $99 Setup Fee (We create the site for the client) + $49/mo

etc. etc. etc.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.