[Pro Sites] New user not receiving verification email and can't login.

Hi,

After some testing, I found out that Pro Sites stopped sending verification email to registered users. I can still receive submission email but the verification link provided doesn't seems to activate the user account in question.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello iamJayChong

I hope you’re well today!

The case you’re referring to sound like the case of “manual payment” gateway use. Pro Sites would send two e-mail then:

– an e-mail to the multisite admin containing activation key for the site

– and an e-mail to the user containing username and password (if that’s a new user) – no “activation link” there unless there’s some additional plugin involved.

The workflow would be like this:

– a visitor (not logged in user) signs up for a new site

– an account is created and information about the site stored in the database

– an e-mail is sent to you with activation key

– you activate the site on “Pro Sites -> manage sites” page

– site is created and activated

– user gets e-mail with login and password and login URL and can log in

I’ve tested it just now on my test site with default Pro Sites installation and it worked fine, without issues.

You, however, mentioned some “verification link” for the user. Do you mean some verification e-mail from other plugin that overtakes registration or a “login/password” notificaiton e-mail?

You also said you cannot activate user account – does that mean that the “activation key” that you’re receiving for the site does not activate the site?

I’m asking just to be sure that I correctly understand the case and get a full picture of the issue so please let me know.

It would also be helpful, if you could enable support access to the site so we could examine it further. To do so, please go to the “Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access” page in your site’s back-end and click on “Grant support access” button there, then let us know once it’s active.

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi iamJayChong,

Could you please elaborate a bit on the questions Adam mentioned in his previous response?

I checked your site and noticed that you have mixed content error and that could be causing issues so I would suggest that you start by fixing the SSL configuration and make sure that there are no mixed content errors.

What I also noticed on your site during the manual payment is that there’s no confirmation page after new site is created and on your site it just redirects back to Pro Sites plans page.

This could be caused by SSL issue or a conflict with another plugin.

When I tested this on my site I saw a confirmation page with Manual gateway and I also received an email to confirm site creation that worked fine.

If the issue is still there after SSL is sorted out please run a conflict test by disabling all of your other plugins and switching to default WP theme to see if anything there is conflicting with Pro Sites process.

I would also like to point out that Pro Sites is a legacy plugin so you might consider switching to an alternative like WP Ultimo, you can get 20% discount by using a code from our Partners page here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/partners/

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi iamJayChong,

WP Ultimo has a migration tool for migrating your sites creating with Pro Sites, you can read more about this tool here:

https://help.wpultimo.com/en/articles/3024931-how-to-migrate-your-network-from-pro-sites-to-wp-ultimo

If you have any additional questions about how it works it would be best to get in touch with their support and they should be able to assist you further with this.

Best regards,

Predrag

• iamJayChong
    • Flash Drive

Hi again,

I’ve:

– disabled every plugins on the site.

– fixed SSL mixed content

– using the default theme

and i’ve yet to receive a single email verification. The admin does receive an email as shown in the email log, but the one that’s registering does not receive the email. I’ve tested this on gmail, hotmail, yahoo mail and throwaway email accounts (https://temp-mail.org/en/)

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi iamJayChong,

I’m afraid that I can’t replicate this on my installation as my confirmation email was sent immediately after I confirmed manual payment site.

I did another test on your site and this time I actually saw the confirmation message that my site is reserved, which I didn’t get to in my previous test.

Could you approve the site from your email and grant support access to your site so I could check this further?

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.