Pro Sites No Longer Synced to PayPal Recurring Profile

I have a multisite installation that is running Pro Sites.

When I set up one of the sites, I granted the site an extra 30-day "free" window by updating the "Manually Extend Pro Site Status" section.

Now that site is disconnected from the recurring payments that happen via PayPal.

On 2/28/2013 I received a recurring payment from this customer that was originally set up for this site. On 3/2/2013 that blog's Pro Site "edit" view said, "Pro Site status has been withdrawn." It also posted the "this customer has not paid" message in place of that customer's blog.

Is there a way to re-sync the site with the Paypal profile?

Also, if I need to extend someone in the future, is there a better way to do it than by editing the "Manually Extend Pro Site Status" section?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Brian Purkiss

I believe I follow what's going on.

The difficulty is communicating with PayPal. When you manually extend the subscription, Pro Sites is aware of the extension, but PayPal isn't.

So when you manually extend the subscription, you have to cancel the subscription as well. That way it won't renew. It does mean the user will have to re-activate their subscription though.

That is actually how we do things here at WPMU DEV, so I'm guessing there's some sort of technical limitation with PayPal that's keeping us from communicating more efficiently with PayPal.

I hope that answers your question and clears things up.

aecnu

Greetings Toby Cryns,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe