Pro Sites No Longer Upgrading After Payment

Hi, I searched but couldn't find any other similar reports...

A user just notified me that their site was not upgraded after they completed their payment. I don't know how many other sites have been affected (searching now) or how long this has been going on. I'm running v.3.5.4 and it may have started after that upgrade.

For the record, we are using the legacy Supporter gateway. The supporter-paypal.php file in the new version is identical so I did not replace that. I also use ( Aaron ) Aaron's IPN forwarder script. But I have confirmed in Paypal that all IPNs are being sent successfully. The IPN data is also clearly being recorded via the plugin in the Log, but the site level is still not being upgraded. (See screenshot.)

What other information might you need from me to help resolve this quickly? I will continue to troubleshoot and report back with anything odd. I have not yet manually extended the Supporter III level to the site in question (ID 3893). Doing that in the past has really messed up subscriptions once the issue is fixed. But I do need to upgrade the site soon!

I have extended Support Access for the tripawds.com network. Thanks in advance for the help!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello jcnjr,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I assume there is a reason to use such kind of setup so that wouldn't be possible to temporarily switch to a "regular" PayPal with no IPN forwarding script on a way?

If that's not possible, would you be able please to perform two more tests on the site? The first one would be to sign up for a completely new site (paid) and see if that works or not. I mean the signup where you do not create free site first and then upgrade but just signup for a Pro Site in "one go" with the payment.

The second one, if possible, would be to setup/eneable Stripe (may be in "sandbox/texting" mode) and see if that one works.

Would that be possible? If yes, could you please conduct these tests and let me know about results? I would like to narrow that down a bit to know for sure whether this is related only to PayPal and if it affects signup as well as upgrade.

Best regards,
    Adam

• jcnjr

Thank yo for the quick reply Adam Czajczyk

I assume there is a reason to use such kind of setup so that wouldn't be possible to temporarily switch to a "regular" PayPal with no IPN forwarding script on a way?

No The forwarder script is necessary. It is the only way to use one Paypal account IPN on multiple domains like we do. And all IPNs are being sent successfully as confirmed in the Paypal IPN History log. And as mentioned, the Pro Sites log indicates receipt of the transaction IPN data.

please to perform two more tests on the site? The first one would be to sign up for a completely new site (paid) and see if that works or not.

I believe this is exactly what the user did, but regardless I just created a new user and site. I then upgraded the site and Supporter status was immediately extended.

do not create free site first and then upgrade but just signup for a Pro Site in "one go" with the payment.

There is no option to do this on our network. When a user creates a site, they are redirected to a page with the link to their site—which, by the way, includes a link to the main dashboard, not the user's site.

I see no settings in the Pro Sites dashboard to present the Upgrade option on site creation option you describe. If what you mention is possible with the existing options, which I have not changed in years, the settings & tooltips are worded incorrectly: They say "signup on checkout" when they should read "upgrade on signup". Regardless, the option to upgrade "in one go" as you suggest was not possible. See second screenshot...

So...I created a new site, and then upgraded it, and after checkout the Supporter status was correctly applied. This, however, was clearly not the case with the user who reported the problem. (I am still reviewing sites to see if others have been affected.)

...setup/eneable Stripe (may be in "sandbox/texting" mode) and see if that one works.

Since the Paypal checkout worked correctly in my test, I will not be setting up stripe at this time.

I appreciate your help troubleshooting this further. Please log in to my network dashboard and review my Pro Sites settings in case I am missing something.

PLEASE ADVISE: How might I edit database entries to upgrade the user's site to the Level they paid for? I do not want to manually extend the Supporter status, since doing so will cause problems with renewal of the user's subscription.

Thank You!

• jcnjr

Well, this looks interesting...

[10-Feb-2017 09:09:08 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'tripawds_wpmudb0709.wp_1881_options' doesn't exist for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_1881_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl' LIMIT 1 made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/forthecause/template-fullwidth.php'), the_content, apply_filters('the_content'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, ProSites->checkout_output, apply_filters('psts_primary_checkout_table'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, ProSites_View_Front_Checkout::render_checkout_page, ProSites_View_Front_Checkout::render_pricing_columns, ProSites_View_Front_Checkout::render_free, get_admin_url, get_site_url, get_option

NOTE: The site with this error above (1881) is not the Supporter site that had the trouble (3893). In fact, the site does not exist. There are 7 entries of this error in our Server logs for 10-Feb-2017 and the Supporter upgrade was attempted/paid by the user on 08-Feb-2017.

Upon further inspection, the only other thing related to Pro Sites in the error logs from 01/30-02/11 include 12 entries of the following:

[07-Feb-2017 07:50:00 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_prr0hrijcntb898lppg23auln1, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/tripawds/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/Helper/Session.php on line 29

This second error appears on various dates, but none on 02/08 when the Supporter payment was made. Regardless, it looks either important or suspicious. Assuming the "Helper" session may be necessary for successful transactions, any suggestions for addressing that permission denial are appreciated.

• Dimitris

Hey there jcnjr,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in here!

[07-Feb-2017 07:50:00 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_prr0hrijcntb898lppg23auln1, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/tripawds/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/Helper/Session.php on line 29

It seems to be a permission issue for the directory allocated to store PHP sessions, you may have to contact your hosting provider about this issue as well.
    Please have a look at my colleague Sajid's reply here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pro-sites-continued-php-warning#post-999386

I found these Pro Sites (psts) db tables in the options for the affected site.
    1. Are there any rows missing?

I inspected a test installation of mine and I was able to locate some extra rows in there due to the Stripe gateway, nothing more.

2. What to I need to change to give Supporter Level III access without manually extending via pro Sites?

I have to advise our dev team about this, please spare me some time and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• jcnjr

Dimitris said:

hope you...don't mind chiming in here!

Not at all, Thank you! The more help the better.

It seems to be a permission issue for the directory allocated to store PHP sessions

FYI: /tmp directory indicated in the PHP error does exist, with appropriate permissions (755), and session data is being written since various sess_# do appear in the directory. If this is not related to the Supporter Upgrade I hope to resolve in this thread, and it proves problematic, I will open another ticket.

I was able to locate some extra rows in there due to the Stripe gateway, nothing more.

Thanks for looking. Aside from those clearly marked _stripe_ there appears to be some discrepancy in the psts_ tables. I'm just trying to confirm if everything looks appropriate here...

My _options table for affected site:
    psts_payments_log
    psts_action_log
    psts_paypal_profile_id
    psts_blog_allowed_themes
    psts_waiting_step
    FYI: For our main site (wp_1_) we do have psts_signed-up and psts_withdrawn rows in the _options table.
    Your test install:
    psts_withdrawn
    psts_signed_up
    psts_stripe_*

I have to advise our dev team about this...

Thanks again. I am desperately hoping to hear back soon about how to upgrade the site to the level paid for without manually extending via the dashboard. The user has already repeatedly asked me why it hasn't happened yet.

• Dimitris

Hey there jcnjr,

hope you're doing good today!

Thanks again. I am desperately hoping to hear back soon about how to upgrade the site to the level paid for without manually extending via the dashboard. The user has already repeatedly asked me why it hasn't happened yet.

I already pinged our lead dev again about this, as it seems that he was overwhelmed lately by many tasks. I'll pass you any feedback/insights that I'll get, as soon as possible!

Take care,
    Dimitris

• jcnjr

I already pinged our lead dev again about this

Thank you Dimitris

I had to go ahead and manually upgrade the site. It was either that or refund the payment and lose the member...

If possible, I still would like to know how to modify the site via the database for future reference in case this happens again. Ideally, if there is a way to remove the manual level extension and reassign the appropriate level in the database so the subscription is not affected when it renews, that would be great.

I would also love to hear any insight as to why this may have happened, if anybody has any ideas...

Thanks again!

• Dimitris

Hey there jcnjr,

hope you're doing good today!

I just had some feedback from lead dev about the manual level extension of a site.
    So, if the subscription is active on Paypal, you need to update the expire timestamp in Pro Sites table wp_pro_sites ("wp" database prefix is the default one, you may have already changed this via wp-config.php file) for the respective site ID. You can use http://www.epochconverter.com/ to get a timestamp for a specific date.

About the generic issue of sites not updating after a successful payment, I've already contacted a Second Level Support dev and he's going to show some love during next days, hopefully he'll be able to pinpoint the source of those inconsistencies (most probably are server related issues due to session variables not being set so I may have to ask for some server details later on).

Take care,
    Dimitris

• jcnjr

Dimitris said:

I've already contacted a Second Level Support dev and he's going to show some love during next days...

Well that was back in February.

I was searching for help about a new issue which may likely be related to this open ticket I started way back then.

I now have two Supporter Blogs (Pro Sites) which got expired, and the users were sent expiration notices, even though successful payment was made and the IPN sent successfully by Paypal.

Check out the Account History notes below from one of these sites. This member originally created the Pro Sites subscription in 08/2016, with successful payments ever since then. Note how the entry in bold is different that all the others, immediately before the site was cancelled. The most recent entries reflect how I've had to manually extend Supporter status to the site.

Some help here would be greatly appreciated! Support Access is now open for the site.

2017-09-22 1:48:43 pm admin: "Permanent Supporter III status extended indefinitely. Thank you for your support!"
    2017-09-22 1:47:57 pm Manual extension email sent to <address-omitted>
    2017-09-22 1:47:56 pm Pro Site status expiration permanently extended.
    2017-09-11 3:23:19 am Expired email sent to <address-omitted>
    2017-09-11 3:23:18 am Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2017-09-09 6:17:01 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-omitted>
    2017-09-09 6:16:59 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 43X87113KG437052R - I-F9TX0MKY2XEE
    2017-08-09 9:15:37 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-omitted>
    2017-08-09 9:15:36 am Pro Site status expiration extended until September 10, 2017.
    2017-07-09 4:08:30 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-omitted>
    2017-07-09 4:08:29 am Pro Site status expiration extended until August 10, 2017.

• Dimitris

Hey there jcnjr,

hope everything's going well for you and I'm really sorry for the delay here!

There were another (older) instance of this case reported to us, but we were still unable to replicate it and somehow this case got away from us, I'm really sorry for that.

We will need some additional server credentials to forward to SLS team (details from last email you've sent to us, don't seem to work). As this is public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - IDs of affected sites
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• jcnjr

Dimitris
    Any progress on this?

I just noticed another new Support (Pro Site) member did not renew after her first month even though payment was successful. Please see account history for our site ID 3868 below.

First month payment is fine and subscription is created. The second month payment goes through yet the blog is still expired - even though the subscription is still active!

I need help on this as it is clearly happening for all Pro Sites. NOTE: I need to manually extend Pro Site Status for these sites, since a few now have threatened to cancel their subscriptions, and I can't blame them...

Please, let me know if you need anything else from me.

2017-09-20 1:17:11 pm Expired email sent to <addressremoved>
    2017-09-19 7:16:28 am Payment receipt email sent to <addressremoved>
    2017-09-19 7:16:26 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $7.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 7NM937119E0048725 - I-WDRSGGAE04EV
    2017-08-19 10:28:00 am Payment receipt email sent to <addressremoved>
    2017-08-19 10:27:58 am Signup success email sent to <addressremoved>
    2017-08-19 10:27:53 am User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (Tripawds Supporter II: $7.00 USD each month) - Profile ID: I-WDRSGGAE04EV

• jcnjr

Dimitris
    Here is another very interesting occurence! See the Account History below for Site ID: 3047

Last successful monthly payment was made on 10/1 yet expiration is set to 10/4, unlike all previous entries which properly extended PS status for 30 days.

Can we please investigate and address this before this site expires? It is currently still a Pro Site - perfect opportunity to investigate this in action.

Thanks again!

2017-10-01 5:18:10 am Payment receipt email sent to <address removed>
    2017-10-01 5:18:08 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $7.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 67S61448JK592225H - I-DCWEX836TBUH
    2017-09-01 8:00:02 am Payment receipt email sent to <address removed>
    2017-09-01 8:00:01 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 4, 2017.
    2017-08-01 7:18:53 am Payment receipt email sent to <address removed>
    2017-08-01 7:18:51 am Pro Site status expiration extended until September 4, 2017.
    2017-07-01 6:20:05 am Payment receipt email sent to <address removed>
    2017-07-01 6:20:03 am Pro Site status expiration extended until August 3, 2017.
    2017-06-01 10:35:16 am Payment receipt email sent to <address removed>
    2017-06-01 10:35:15 am Pro Site status expiration extended until July 3, 2017.
    NOTE: All previous log entries successful as expected.

• jcnjr

One more!

Just discovered another Pro Site that recently expired after successful payment. I do not believe I included Site ID 3498 in the examples I submitted...

NOTE: I have not yet manually extended Pro Site status to this site, but will need to do so quickly once the member contacts me!

2017-10-02 7:42:40 am Expired email sent to <address-removed>
    2017-10-02 7:42:39 am Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2017-10-01 4:38:24 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2017-10-01 4:38:23 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $25.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 7ED6716575999832F - I-LC57D7K85J2E
    2016-10-01 4:42:57 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2016-10-01 4:42:56 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 1, 2017.
    2016-10-01 2:42:12 am Expired email sent to <address-removed>
    2015-09-30 8:25:34 pm Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2015-09-30 8:25:33 pm Signup success email sent to <address-removed>
    2015-09-30 8:25:23 pm PayPal subscription IPN "recurring_payment_profile_created" received. - I-LC57D7K85J2E
    2015-09-30 8:25:19 pm User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (Tripawds Supporter: $25.00 USD every 12 months) - Profile ID: I-LC57D7K85J2E

Dimitris

• jcnjr

Dimitris

Have you or someone else done something to out Pro Sites upgrade page?!?!?

I noticed the pricing table is missing from the page we set up for Pro Sites at http://tripawds.com/supporter

So, I clicked the the Edit Checkout Page from the PSTS Admin and was taken to a new page http://tripawds.com/supporter-2

This "supportwer-2" page was published on Sep 28, 2017 @ 12:07 and I did not create the page. The author indicated is "tinsch" - this user is only a subscriber, and does not even have edit/admin capabilities on the main site.

1. What is going on!?

2. Please do not edit any pages without notifying me first.

3. Our Pro Sites checkout page is now missing! I need that fixed ASAP.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi jcnjr,

I don't think that the devs made any changes like this and we avoid doing such changes before contacting the owner.

This can happen when Pro Sites page is moved to trash and then settings saved again in Pro Sites panel.

Can you go to all pages on your main site, remove Supporter page (that should be the one with supporter-2 slug), now go to Trash and remove both old and new Supporter pages.

After that go to Pro Sites > Settings and save the settings so that new Supporter page is created, and since the old ones are removed from trash the url should be back to supporter again.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• jcnjr

Predrag Dubajic wrote:

I don't think that the devs made any changes like this

Well nobody here did! That page has not been edited in any way for a couple years, and the current indicated author of the post does not even have editing capabilities on the main site. Not sure how you explain that...

I have restored the /supporter page as directed, and it appears to be functioning properly.

Please note that when I edited the page, a different user with only Subscriber level privileges to the site was assigned as the page author, and my username was not available in the list of Authors and Admins. See attached screenshot, dawn3g is only a Subscriber user of the main site. Jerry & Wyatt can both edit. Perhaps unrelated to our Pro Sites issue, but the devs want to know that. (This does not happen when editing any other page.)

Please provide any further updates about progress on this issue and let me know if there is anything else you need from me at this time.

Thank You!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi jcnjr,

I had a chat with the developer that was assigned to this task and they didn't access your site yet and didn't made any changes.
    Can you tell me if you have any other opened tickets or had any chats where our staff would access your site so we can see if we can find who moved the page to trash?
    However this sounds unlikely because we know that in order to create new Pro Sites page you need to remove the old one from trash as well and we wouldn't move it just to trash.

What happens if you remove your supporter page from both pages and trash and then go to Pro Sites settings and save so that new page is created, can your new page be assigned to admin account?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• jcnjr

Predrag Dubajic said:

What happens if you remove your supporter page from both pages and trash and then go to Pro Sites

As mentioned above, I have restored our Pro Sites (Supporter) Upgrade page by following the steps you provided in the previous post...

jcnjr said:

I have restored the /supporter page as directed, and it appears to be functioning properly.

The edited page remains a mystery. Now that it has been restored, I'm hoping we can make some progress to resolve the sites not maintaining/upgrading Supporter status after successful payment before any additional Supporters renew again.

Please advise if I can provide any additional info or assistance.

Thank You!

• jcnjr

Thank you Dimitris & Predrag

I appreciate any and all help on this, but the issue has become extremely urgent. We have had another 4 Supporters renew in the past couple days, and none of the sites were extended after successful payment. Is there ANYTHING I can do to help expedite a fix for our Pro Sites platform? We are now losing supporters who are getting upset and cancelling their subscriptions.

NOTE: I have not yet manually extended Supporter status to these sites, in hopes that we can get them restored. I will need to extend Supporter stats to these sites soon! But I don't want to do that if that will affect troubleshooting or a fix in the works.

Hopefully the account history of these recent subscription payments will help the SLS team. Please provide an update as soon as possible. Thank you!

Site ID: 3193 (nitro.tripawds.com)
    Account History:

2017-10-07 4:57:28 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-10-07 4:57:27 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $49.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 3XF02921VP8991514 - I-FW9AWHTYAXAH
    2016-10-07 6:03:13 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-10-07 6:03:12 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 7, 2017.
    2015-10-07 11:52:52 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2015-10-07 11:52:51 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 7, 2016.
    2015-10-07 11:52:37 am PayPal subscription IPN "recurring_payment_profile_created" received. - I-FW9AWHTYAXAH
    2015-10-07 11:52:33 am User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (Tripawds Supporter II: $49.00 USD every 12 months) - Profile ID: I-FW9AWHTYAXAH

Site ID: 3743 (sablesjourney.tripawds.com)
    Account History:

2017-10-07 6:17:16 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-10-07 6:17:15 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 44M910650G6978307 - I-SRDV9DPMTP4E
    2017-09-13 4:06:07 pm Expired email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-09-13 4:06:06 pm Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2017-09-07 7:18:53 am Payment receipt email sent to s<email-address-removed>
    2017-09-07 7:18:51 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 5BB96888EM5145344 - I-SRDV9DPMTP4E
    2017-08-12 8:22:20 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-08-12 8:22:19 am Pro Site status expiration extended until September 12, 2017.
    2017-08-09 9:37:59 pm Expired email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-07-07 5:05:09 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-07-07 5:05:08 am Pro Site status expiration extended until August 8, 2017.
    2017-06-07 6:37:29 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-06-07 6:37:28 am Pro Site status expiration extended until July 8, 2017.
    2017-05-07 4:14:11 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-05-07 4:14:10 am Pro Site status expiration extended until June 8, 2017.
    2017-04-07 11:01:34 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-04-07 11:01:33 am Pro Site status expiration extended until May 8, 2017.
    2017-03-07 7:22:05 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-03-07 7:22:04 am Pro Site status expiration extended until April 8, 2017.
    2017-02-07 9:47:03 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-02-07 9:47:01 am Pro Site status expiration extended until March 8, 2017.
    2017-01-07 9:11:05 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-01-07 9:11:04 am Pro Site status expiration extended until February 8, 2017.
    2016-12-07 6:58:00 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-12-07 6:57:59 am Pro Site status expiration extended until January 8, 2017.
    2016-11-07 8:05:57 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-11-07 8:05:56 am Pro Site status expiration extended until December 8, 2016.
    2016-10-07 6:09:25 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-10-07 6:09:23 am Pro Site status expiration extended until November 8, 2016.
    2016-09-07 6:48:24 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-09-07 6:48:23 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 7, 2016.
    2016-08-07 2:28:37 pm Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-08-07 2:28:36 pm Signup success email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-08-07 2:28:29 pm PayPal subscription IPN "recurring_payment_profile_created" received. - I-SRDV9DPMTP4E
    2016-08-07 2:28:23 pm User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (Tripawds Supporter III: $15.00 USD each month) - Profile ID: I-SRDV9DPMTP4E

Site ID: 2575 (tpodmom.tripawds.com)
    Account History:

2017-10-07 7:18:18 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-10-07 7:18:17 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 8Y705449571744718 - I-77BDUEXBB2HR
    2017-09-08 6:45:50 pm Expired email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-09-08 6:45:49 pm Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2017-09-07 8:17:35 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-09-07 8:17:33 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 2B747260X9715721G - I-77BDUEXBB2HR
    2017-08-07 9:33:31 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-08-07 9:33:30 am Pro Site status expiration extended until September 8, 2017.
    2017-07-07 5:00:41 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-07-07 5:00:40 am Pro Site status expiration extended until August 7, 2017.
    2017-06-07 5:19:32 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-06-07 5:19:31 am Pro Site status expiration extended until July 7, 2017.
    2017-05-07 9:45:14 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-05-07 9:45:13 am Pro Site status expiration extended until June 7, 2017.
    2017-04-07 10:54:21 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-04-07 10:54:20 am Pro Site status expiration extended until May 7, 2017.
    2017-04-07 10:51:53 am Expired email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-03-07 7:20:55 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-03-07 7:20:54 am Pro Site status expiration extended until April 7, 2017.
    2017-03-07 4:05:12 am Expired email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-02-07 12:20:37 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-02-07 12:20:36 am Pro Site status expiration extended until March 7, 2017.
    2017-02-07 12:20:32 am PayPal subscription IPN "recurring_payment_profile_created" received. - I-77BDUEXBB2HR
    2017-02-07 12:20:27 am User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (Tripawds Supporter III: $15.00 USD each month) - Profile ID: I-77BDUEXBB2HR
    2014-12-24 9:56:49 pm Expired email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-12-24 9:56:48 pm Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2014-11-23 9:56:04 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-11-23 9:56:03 am Pro Site status expiration extended until December 24, 2014.
    2014-11-23 9:56:02 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 37E91082N9434173H - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2014-10-23 4:25:35 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-10-23 4:25:34 am Pro Site status expiration extended until November 24, 2014.
    2014-10-23 4:25:33 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 4B831732FN2659114 - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2014-09-23 6:25:37 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-09-23 6:25:36 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 24, 2014.
    2014-09-23 6:25:35 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 8D602331AC992542J - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2014-08-23 6:30:56 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-08-23 6:30:55 am Pro Site status expiration extended until September 24, 2014.
    2014-08-23 6:30:54 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 0X6562724X316833U - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2014-07-23 9:19:35 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-07-23 9:19:34 am Pro Site status expiration extended until August 24, 2014.
    2014-07-23 9:19:33 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 41D15124NG4982110 - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2014-06-23 8:48:24 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-06-23 8:48:23 am Pro Site status expiration extended until July 24, 2014.
    2014-06-23 8:48:22 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 2C772344AN250253H - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2014-05-23 8:39:54 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-05-23 8:39:53 am Pro Site status expiration extended until June 24, 2014.
    2014-05-23 8:39:52 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 02J36912FA650083P - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2014-04-23 8:33:35 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-04-23 8:33:34 am Pro Site status expiration extended until May 24, 2014.
    2014-04-23 8:33:33 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 2P590518LF148205T - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2014-03-23 6:32:46 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-03-23 6:32:45 am Pro Site status expiration extended until April 24, 2014.
    2014-03-23 6:32:44 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 5AW52897LP837562W - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2014-02-23 6:17:47 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-02-23 6:17:46 am Pro Site status expiration extended until March 24, 2014.
    2014-02-23 6:17:45 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 1RG360015F893830W - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2014-01-24 5:14:02 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-01-24 5:14:01 am Pro Site status expiration extended until February 24, 2014.
    2014-01-24 5:14:00 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 4XB11151YB055052K - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2014-01-23 5:23:45 pm Expired email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2014-01-23 5:23:44 pm Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2013-12-23 9:22:47 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2013-12-23 9:22:46 am Pro Site status expiration extended until January 23, 2014.
    2013-12-23 9:22:45 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 0879469169610653F - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-11-23 8:34:05 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2013-11-23 8:34:04 am Pro Site status expiration extended until December 23, 2013.
    2013-11-23 8:34:03 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 46L24210JW587410A - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-10-23 8:21:33 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2013-10-23 8:21:32 am Pro Site status expiration extended until November 23, 2013.
    2013-10-23 8:21:31 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 60P740557N968671H - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-09-23 6:23:22 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2013-09-23 6:23:21 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 23, 2013.
    2013-09-23 6:23:20 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 05B27422D64199024 - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-08-23 5:41:54 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2013-08-23 5:41:53 am Pro Site status expiration extended until September 23, 2013.
    2013-08-23 5:41:52 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 4Y670750K7507394P - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-07-23 6:05:53 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2013-07-23 6:05:52 am Pro Site status expiration extended until August 23, 2013.
    2013-07-23 6:05:51 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 84S51810AE010651C - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-06-23 7:37:04 am Pro Site status expiration extended until July 23, 2013.
    2013-06-23 7:37:03 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 5MA27681TY2948452 - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-05-23 7:31:02 am Pro Site status expiration extended until June 23, 2013.
    2013-05-23 7:31:01 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 2HJ713879J4795346 - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-04-23 7:25:38 am Pro Site status expiration extended until May 23, 2013.
    2013-04-23 7:25:37 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 4E428445RY8189033 - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-03-23 7:18:06 am Pro Site status expiration extended until April 23, 2013.
    2013-03-23 7:18:05 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 9GH14298EA647950X - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-03-23 6:11:59 am Expired email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2013-03-23 6:11:58 am Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2013-02-23 5:05:47 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2013-02-23 5:05:46 am Pro Site status expiration extended until March 23, 2013.
    2013-02-23 5:05:45 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 5UF76087MW340381B - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-02-23 2:18:01 am Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2013-01-22 11:17:12 pm PayPal subscription IPN "recurring_payment_profile_created" received. - I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-01-22 11:17:03 pm Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2013-01-22 11:17:02 pm PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 express_checkout payment received, transaction ID 3VE739137C182625C
    2013-01-22 11:17:01 pm Signup success email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2013-01-22 11:17:00 pm Pro Site status expiration extended until February 23, 2013.
    2013-01-22 11:16:59 pm User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (Tripawds Supporter III: $15.00 USD each month) - Profile ID: I-PWKYRU6TNG4K
    2013-01-22 11:16:58 pm User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Initial payment successful (Tripawds Supporter III: $15.00 USD each month) - Transaction ID: 3VE739137C182625C

Site ID: 3178 (nekasjourney.tripawds.com)
    Account History:

2017-10-08 8:17:37 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-10-08 8:17:36 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $5.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 82N52276N9516024J - I-D7MFBJ5XSM89
    2017-09-10 10:10:21 pm Expired email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-09-10 10:10:20 pm Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2017-09-08 5:19:13 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-09-08 5:19:12 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $5.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 3MN315461Y434682Y - I-D7MFBJ5XSM89
    2017-08-08 4:47:29 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-08-08 4:47:28 am Pro Site status expiration extended until September 10, 2017.
    2017-07-08 5:08:24 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-07-08 5:08:23 am Pro Site status expiration extended until August 10, 2017.
    2017-06-08 6:31:49 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-06-08 6:31:48 am Pro Site status expiration extended until July 9, 2017.
    2017-05-08 8:57:56 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-05-08 8:57:55 am Pro Site status expiration extended until June 9, 2017.
    2017-04-08 10:43:13 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-04-08 10:43:12 am Pro Site status expiration extended until May 9, 2017.
    2017-03-08 6:42:00 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-03-08 6:41:59 am Pro Site status expiration extended until April 9, 2017.
    2017-02-08 5:49:02 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-02-08 5:49:01 am Pro Site status expiration extended until March 9, 2017.
    2017-01-08 11:20:29 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-01-08 11:20:28 am Pro Site status expiration extended until February 9, 2017.
    2016-12-08 10:43:18 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-12-08 10:43:17 am Pro Site status expiration extended until January 9, 2017.
    2016-11-08 9:14:21 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-11-08 9:14:20 am Pro Site status expiration extended until December 9, 2016.
    2016-10-08 9:01:06 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-10-08 9:01:05 am Pro Site status expiration extended until November 9, 2016.
    2016-09-08 7:56:06 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-09-08 7:56:05 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 9, 2016.
    2016-08-08 6:18:19 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-08-08 6:18:17 am Pro Site status expiration extended until September 9, 2016.
    2016-07-08 10:06:54 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-07-08 10:06:53 am Pro Site status expiration extended until August 9, 2016.
    2016-06-08 5:14:27 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-06-08 5:14:26 am Pro Site status expiration extended until July 9, 2016.
    2016-05-08 12:33:01 pm Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-05-08 12:33:00 pm Pro Site status expiration extended until June 9, 2016.
    2016-04-08 12:46:16 pm Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-04-08 12:46:15 pm Pro Site status expiration extended until May 9, 2016.
    2016-03-08 4:40:33 pm Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-03-08 4:40:32 pm Signup success email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2016-03-08 4:40:28 pm PayPal subscription IPN "recurring_payment_profile_created" received. - I-D7MFBJ5XSM89
    2016-03-08 4:40:23 pm User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (Tripawds Supporter: $5.00 USD each month) - Profile ID: I-D7MFBJ5XSM89

• jcnjr

Predrag Dubajic Dimitris

FYI: I had to manually extend Pro Sites status to another Tripawds Supporter blogger. She was not happy that the site got downgraded after successful payment. See Account history entry for details.

I need to know if I will ever be able to "restore" the PSTS status of these sites. Will I ever be able to remove the manual extension and maintain the Pro Site level, so they are automatically extended or downgraded based on subscription payments as expected?

We also still have various other Supporter Blogs (Pro Sites) that have been downgraded after successful payment which I have not yet manually extended. (Just waiting for the angry emails to continue.) I need to know if doing will affect any of your troubleshooting or any fix in the works.

Thank you for your help! Please advise if there is anything I can do to help expedite a resolution.

Doberman's journey (Blog ID: 3193)
    Blog URL: http://nitro.tripawds.com
    Account History:

2017-10-10 10:18:38 am admin: "Tripawds Supporter II status extended manually while we troulbleshoot issue with automated extension of Suppporter upgrade. Thank you for your support!"
    2017-10-10 10:18:24 am Manual extension email sent to <address-removed>
    2017-10-10 10:18:23 am Pro Site status expiration permanently extended. <Manual extension by Admin!>
    2017-10-08 3:21:06 pm Expired email sent to <address-removed>
    2017-10-07 4:57:28 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2017-10-07 4:57:27 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $49.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 3XF02921VP8991514 - I-FW9AWHTYAXAH
    2016-10-07 6:03:13 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2016-10-07 6:03:12 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 7, 2017.
    2015-10-07 11:52:52 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2015-10-07 11:52:51 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 7, 2016.
    2015-10-07 11:52:37 am PayPal subscription IPN "recurring_payment_profile_created" received. - I-FW9AWHTYAXAH
    2015-10-07 11:52:33 am User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (Tripawds Supporter II: $49.00 USD every 12 months) - Profile ID: I-FW9AWHTYAXAH

• jcnjr

FYI: I had three more Pro Sites Renew today.

Please see the Account History logs for some new rather interesting anomalies regarding expiration dates. For example...

Manage Site: Butchey Hudson (Blog ID: 1334)
    Blog URL: http://butcheyhudson.tripawds.com

2017-10-04 4:02:33 am Pro Site level downgraded from "Supporter II" to "Supporter".
    2017-10-04 4:02:32 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 6, 2022.
    2017-10-04 4:02:31 am Old PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $25.00 subscr_payment payment received, transaction ID 75V03633EF908432V
    2016-10-11 6:41:34 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2016-10-11 6:41:33 am Pro Site level upgraded from "Supporter" to "Supporter II".
    2016-10-04 4:05:36 am Pro Site level downgraded from "Supporter II" to "Supporter".
    2015-10-06 5:22:43 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2015-10-06 5:22:42 am Pro Site level upgraded from "Supporter" to "Supporter II".
    2015-10-04 4:03:42 am Pro Site level downgraded from "Supporter II" to "Supporter".
    2014-10-06 4:41:30 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2014-10-06 4:41:29 am Pro Site level upgraded from "Supporter" to "Supporter II".
    2014-10-06 4:41:28 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 5, 2017.
    2014-10-06 4:41:27 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $49.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 59C18116HM467073J - I-STXHRACHF2ME

Manage Site: Bruiser Bruno (Blog ID: 1818)
    Blog URL: http://bruiserbruno.tripawds.com

2017-10-11 5:40:24 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2017-10-11 5:40:23 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $36.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 834378716V023314J - I-HXVU7B7EGBB9
    2017-10-11 5:40:18 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2017-10-11 5:40:17 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $36.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 834378716V023314J - I-HXVU7B7EGBB9
    2017-07-11 5:01:36 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2017-07-11 5:01:35 am Pro Site status expiration extended until July 8, 2019.
    2017-04-11 9:27:27 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2017-04-11 9:27:26 am Pro Site status expiration extended until April 7, 2019.
    2017-01-11 7:41:32 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2017-01-11 7:41:30 am Pro Site status expiration extended until January 6, 2019.
    2016-10-11 6:38:35 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2016-10-11 6:38:34 am Pro Site status expiration extended until October 8, 2018.
    2016-07-11 7:50:37 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2016-07-11 7:50:36 am Pro Site status expiration extended until July 8, 2018.
    2016-04-11 6:30:15 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2016-04-11 6:30:13 am Pro Site status expiration extended until April 7, 2018.
    2016-01-11 6:38:19 am Payment receipt email sent to <address-removed>
    2016-01-11 6:38:18 am Pro Site status expiration extended until January 6, 2018.

For the third site that renewed today, I already had to manually extend Pro Site status.

• jcnjr

Predrag Dubajic FYI...

I am still waiting for our next Supporter site to renew to confirm auto-extension of Pro Site status.

Regarding my last comment/question above, I confirmed that the user created the new subscription. Because she received the cancellation email from Pro Sites last week. I noticed in Paypal that the new payment was made, another recurring profile created, and the previous one cancelled...so that much is working properly!

Will report back again ASAP. Thanks.

• jcnjr

Predrag Dubajic & Adam Czajczyk & Dimitris

Good News! At least, so far so good...

1. Our most recent Supporter renewal came through and the Pro Site expiration was extended as expected.

2. Thank you all very much for you hard work on this.

3. I need to see this happen a couple more times, then I will happily mark this topic resolved.

4. HOWEVER: Is there anything I can do about our sites that I had to manually extend PSTS status to when the extension previously failed? I do not just want to remove the manual extension, since if everything is working properly, that would remove PSTS status from the Supporter's site. Just wondering if I could do via the db...if not, no worries. I can just cancel the Supporter privileges if/when those users cancel their subscriptions.

Thanks again! I hope to return soon and close this ticket.

• jcnjr

Predrag Dubajic said:

try replacing pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php with the attached file

Done, thank you.

I will need to wait until our next Pro Site renews to see if this helped.

Just to confirm you know, we do use the legacy supporter-paypal.php gateway in the root directory of our install...

I only wish I had seen this before we had another Support renew this morning – with successful payment received and receipt email sent on 10/18 AND the PSTS Note: "Pro Site privileges will expire on: October 19, 2017

Thanks again, I'll report back as soon as I know the results of this patch.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi jcnjr,

Could you please elaborate this part a bit more please:

Just to confirm you know, we do use the legacy supporter-paypal.php gateway in the root directory of our install...

Is this in root of Pro Sites or your WP installation and is it connected to Pro Sites in any way?
    Could you share the file code in pastebin.com or similar service so we can check it out?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• jcnjr

Predrag Dubajic said:

Could you please elaborate this part a bit more please...

Wow. Yes, of course.
    NOTE: I have stated this is a legacy Supporter install numerous times above since my very first post in this topic back in February, 2017.

The Pro Sites plugin used to be called Supporter. It required the supporter-paypal.php gateway file to be placed in the web root. For more information, please consult with Aaron and James Farmer and/or any other developers who have worked on Pro Sites since its inception as Supporter.

is it connected to Pro Sites in any way?

You tell me. I certainly hope so since the install instructions clearly state:

/*
    Pro Sites (Paypal Gateway IPN handler for backwards compatibility)

If you have existing subscriptions using the old pre 3.0 Supporter Paypal gateway, then it is important to
    overwrite the supporter-paypal.php file in your webroot with this one to prevent a lapse in subscription
    payments being applied.
    */

Download supporter-paypal.php here.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi jcnjr,

Ah yes, sorry that completely slipped my mind, Supporter was updated to Pro Sites couple of years before I started working here, in 2011 if I'm not mistaken.

The patch you are using (supporter-paypal.php) is needed if you have subscriptions that date from 2011 and you should keep it there if you still have those.

Let us know how it goes with that latest patch, hopefully we will have good news now.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• jcnjr

Predrag Dubajic said:

Let us know how it goes with that latest patch...

Drumroll please...

Subscription Information:
    Blog URL: http://missmolliemoo.tripawds.com
    Pro Site privileges will expire on: November 20, 2017
    Payment Term: 1 Month
    Last Payment Date: October 20, 2017
    Next Payment Date: November 20, 2017

Account History:
    2017-10-20 8:19:32 am Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-10-20 8:19:31 am Pro Site status expiration extended until November 20, 2017.
    2017-10-20 8:19:30 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 81361167MH044520K - I-XU8XY11KY4JJ
    2017-09-23 12:23:44 am Expired email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-09-23 12:23:43 am Pro Site status has been withdrawn.
    2017-09-20 12:11:47 pm Payment receipt email sent to <email-address-removed>
    2017-09-20 12:11:46 pm PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $15.00 recurring_payment payment received, transaction ID 01W78106F90519523 - I-XU8XY11KY4JJ

This site renewed this morning, and Supporter status was properly extended!

You can see in the Account History, this is one that lost its Pro Site status after the last successful payment. (Luckily this member never contacted us, so I never manually upgraded it.) The site has now been extended and all pro Site features restored.

Please let Panos know the most recent patch provided appears to be working.

I will return – hopefully to mark this thread resolved – as soon as I see a couple more successful renewals.

Thank you for everyone's hard work on this!

• jcnjr

Predrag Dubajic Panos

Well sure enough, I apparently spoke too soon...please review the results of our most recent Pro Site Renewal. Checkout payment and Expiration dates!

NOTE: This is another very active Tripawds Supporter. What can we do to ensure the site does not expire in two days??? Please!!!

Manage Site: Purrkins (Blog ID: 3725)
    Blog URL: http://purrkins.tripawds.com
    Current Pro Site
    Pro Site privileges will expire on: October 23, 2017
    Payment Term: 1 Month

Subscription Description: Tripawds Supporter II: $7.00 USD each month
    Last Payment Date: October 21, 2017
    Next Payment Date: November 21, 2017

• jcnjr

Panos Thank you for your continued work on this, and your prompt reply above!

I checked the payments of the purrkins site and it seems that it has been extended until November 21, 2017.

Interesting...so perhaps the Pro Sites Management page can just take some time to update all information for a site after a subscription payment is made...?

I copied and pasted information from that page for the purrkins blog above, with the October 23 expiration date, shortly after receiving notification of the subscription payment. It does indeed now reflect the correct expiration date of November 21. (When our next site renews I won't be so quick to react.)

Regarding the file you mention you should not be needing it...rename it to supporter-paypal.php.txt.

Are you saying that we no longer need supporter-paypal.php in the root directory? Please confirm.

We do have various old Supporter member blogs created prior to the changes in Pro Sites. And even the most current version (3.5.7) includes the file in the /backwards-compatibility folder with the following instructions:

/*
    Pro Sites (Paypal Gateway IPN handler for backwards compatibility)
    If you have existing subscriptions using the old pre 3.0 Supporter Paypal gateway, then it is important to overwrite the supporter-paypal.php file in your webroot with this one to prevent a lapse in subscription payments being applied.
    */

Again, thank you very much for your time and hard work!

• jcnjr

Well...we had two Pro Sites renew yesterday. Site IDs: 1264 & 3704

Both extended properly upon payment!
    One was set to expire the same day, then I noticed it was the same day next year.

Site 1264 was registered in 2012, likely using the old Supporter gateway, the other much more recent site probably used the new PSTS gateway from the beginning. But both apparently seem to be working now.

Regardless, I am inclined to leave supporter-paypal.php right where it is. I will leave this ticket open until we here back from development about that, and to confirm our sites continue to renew and extend as expected.

Please confirm the new gateway-paypal-express-pro.php patch provided above will be included in the next Pro Sites update, or if I should keep a copy of that file.

Thanks again for all the hard work and good help!

Panos Predrag Dubajic Dimitris snapcode

• Panos

Hey jcnjr ,

I'm not sure about keeping that file. If you were on a staging site I would insist on removing it, since you're on live I won't. I still haven't heard back from main dev about this, so since it's not causing any issues it's OK to keep I suppose.

Please confirm the new gateway-paypal-express-pro.php patch provided above will be included in the next Pro Sites update, or if I should keep a copy of that file.

Change has already been pushed and waiting for QA.

I am also assuming there is nothing I can do about the various sites I had to manually extend Pro Site status for after extension failed during successful subscription payments. Is there?

I presume cancelling the manual extension will just remove Pro Site Status. Can anyone confirm and advise please?

If they have been paid using PayPal during subscription, the future payments should extend automatically. No need to cancel them or the manual extension.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

• jcnjr

Panos said:

If they have been paid using PayPal during subscription, the future payments should extend automatically.

Yes, this is true. Payments are received, but because the site has been manually extended permanently, their Pro Site status will remain even if/when the subscriber cancels their payments.

This is not a big deal, as I can just check the site of each cancellation we get, but I was just wondering if there was a way to return normal automated extension to manually extended sites. Hope that makes sense...

• Panos

Hi jcnjr ,

I see what you mean now. I had the impression that you had extended manually to the next expiration date (like next month or next 12 months etc).

Only way I can think of is manually set the expiration dates for these sites to a date that meets with next expiration date.

If you feel confident you can use a custom I snippet I use for such things. You can download it from here:
    https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/e2520308522432005dbcb6eac0b7e422
    unzip it and upload it to your wp-content/mu-plugins folder.

I would strongly suggest to test it out in a test site before uploading it to your live site. This is used only for testing so it is not supported. It also doesn't provide any attractive ui.

It should be adding a new column in the network admin > Sites page, with options to withdraw ( that would cancel blog's level so avoid clicking it ) and option to add a new expiration date.

So for the sites you need, you can check the logs for last expiration date and you can use that date as new expiration date.

Once done you need to remove that file.

Hope this little snippet helps you

Thanks!

• jcnjr

Panos said:

set the expiration dates for these sites to a date that meets with next expiration date...you can use a custom I snippet I use for such things.

Neat, thanks! I may just give that a try.

NOTE: I see how this could work with currently expired sites that still have active subscriptions. But how will it remove the manual extension of Pro Site status of a site?

for the sites you need, you can check the logs for last expiration date and you can use that date as new expiration date.

I guess I don't understand how this would work for manually extended Pro Sites, since sites with manual extension have no expiration date.

For example:
    -- Manage Site: Patches Journey (Blog ID: 3473)
    -- Blog URL: http://sweetpatches.tripawds.com
    -- Current Pro Site
    -- Pro Site privileges will expire: Never

It may be easier for me to just monitor future Paypal subscription cancellations, and manually cancel any applicable Pro Sites.