Pro Sites Not Creating New Subsite Or Taking Payment.

Hello, I have Pro Sites network activated and Stripe set up as the payment gateway. When I try to set up a site from the frontend as a user would do, I enter my username, site name, email, etc. and then click reserve name. The payment page loads up fine where I can enter my CC information, however when I do that and click "subscribe" the blank CC payment form is reloaded without any notifications that the sign up succeeded or failed.

I looked on the backend to see what it did and didn't do.
- A new user is created correctly and I can see and edit the user.
- NO email is sent out to the users email.
- NO new site is created
- NO payment is made (Now this makes sense as there is a 14 day free trial I have set up, but I am not sure if there should be a customer created in Stripe or not... just hope that info helps :slight_smile: )

I feel like this is one of my last hurdles before getting this project live so any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
Mike

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Mike,

I could not test your site because you are in live mode - but after payment site should reload and show that payment is processing and site should be created and mail should be send.

Have you tested this in Stripe test mode before? Was it working?

if its possible please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I tested that on my installation and I could create new site without a problem - so I could not replicate the issue.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Michael

Hello Kasia, thank you for the reply.

I have granted support access through the dashboard. I have also changed stripe back to test mode and gave it another shot and am having the same issue. I go to create a site on /pro-site fill out the form with username and site name, then it pulls up the CC form successfully, I fill that out and hit subscribe and it reloads the blank Credit Card form: User created, site not created, and no email sent.

In test mode there is also no data in Stripe.

I am also having a vary hard time testing by deactivating plugins because the form will be stuck on the cc form even when I am loged out and delete the cache/cookies so I cannot go through the full form again for awhile.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Mike,

I'm sorry for the delay on my end - I've checked your site and I had to change API keys in Stripe for mine because there was one test and one live key.

There is no errors in browser console so problem has to be somewhere else.
    As for the test - you should be able to perform test by opening pro site page in new browser window in incognito mode - or in different browser. But I test that always as visitor in incognito mode.

If there is no positive results we will need to check debug log. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste link here.

kind regards
    Kasia

• Michael

Ok here is where I am at. I have deactivated all plugins one by one and pro sites is still not functioning correct. There is only one error on the debug log and that is only triggered when logging out and no errors are logged when trying to set up a new site.
    PHP Notice: Undefined property: WP_Error::$ID in /home2/mwspano/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/redirect1.php on line 31
    even though this was not triggering during the pro site new site creation I uninstalled the mu-plugin as well... so now there is noting but Pro Sites active, both in network and on the main blog.
    So it seem to be an issue with the Pro Sites plugin. How can I fix this?

Mike

• Nithin

Hi Michael,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing the log, unfortunately what you have shared doesn't give any clue regarding what could have gone wrong. And since you have removed the mu-plugins, the issue is related to something else. It seems like the support access is disabled at the moment. To have a better idea regarding this, could you please share us you credentials so that we could test this issue extensively.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Rupok

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sending the login credentials. I just tried to purchase a Pro Site on your network. But surprisingly, it seems to be working now. A new user was created, a new subsite was created, Pro Site status was assigned to that subsite. Moreover, I've got two emails from your network. Please check attached screenshots for reference.

Am I missing something here? Can you please check again?

Please let us know how we can regenerate the issue on your site. We can investigate the issue if we can regenerate this on your site.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Michael

This is the strangest thing!... It is still not working on my tests but I did have a new test payment come through on stripe for you.

I have even created a fresh multisite instal on another site with one theme and ProSites... and I am having the same issue! I have even tested this using private browsing and then completely other devices... I wonder what I could be missing here that is making this fail for me.
    User created,
    I get notified as admin that user is created,
    user doesn't get emailed,
    CC form reloads blank,
    No site created,
    No stripe customer created.

Does ProSites Save my internet IP and is blocking me from creating new accounts under the same IP or something? this is the only idea I have left...

• Michael

Here is a video of what I am experiencing.
    https://youtu.be/YvgqF9l_Q7Y
    I have tested on multiple devices, different IPs and two different sites with the same result. I have even had a friend try to create a site and he had the same problem I did.

This is the last step in the process to getting my projects live and I don't even know what else to try to get Pro Sites working for me.

I even went back and tested OfficeTalk again after you had it work once and the same exact issue happened.

Mike

• Michael

Hey all, don't want to be pesky but is there a way to live chat with someone? I have been looking through the forms and have seen other people with the same issue I have but they eventually just dropped it, and I cant have that happen.

I just feel like this issue needs more attention than this ticket system can really provide, because of the couple day delay between messages, this issue with Pro Sites might take to long to solve making the project fall through.

Is there a way to chat directly?

Mike

• Michael

Ok so I 100% confirmed I am an idiot and was not using the correct test cards for stripe test mode.
    https://stripe.com/docs/testing#cards

BUT I still have an issue with the Pro Sites page reloading the blank CC form and not redirecting the user to their website. The user and site are created correctly and the emails are sent out now but the form doesn't show the success message or redirect them, making it vary confusing for the user to know if the payment when through or if the site was created.

Any suggestions to fix this?
    Mike

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Michael,

This is strange, because when we tested your site we for sure used right credit card numbers (we use them very often so there is no way to use different ones).

But I did more testes on your site and mine and I think I was finally able to replicate the issue and it looks like that theme might be a culprit here.
    We tested your site without the other plugins but we haven't change theme - could you now change theme to one of the default WordPress theme and check again if there will be message about the subscription this time (Pro Sites doesn't redirect to subsite created by user, it shows "Finalizing your site..." with credentials)?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Michael

I changed the theme to a standard wordpress theme and it is working correctly. However the theme I have built out and finished designing is a WPMUDEV theme using upfront. That might be something the WPMU Crew needs to iron out, to have your themes function with your plugins, unless this is just some strange exception I am running into.

Is this something that can be resolved on the Upfront theme or do I have to rebuild it using an non WPMUDEV theme?

Mike

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Michael,

I'm unfortunately aware this is problem with our theme because I tested it with Fixer on my site and replicated issue :slight_frown: That is why I asked for that test.
    There was big update lately with Upfront and its themes and it looks like this caused that this information stopped displaying. I know before it was there.

At this moment I have to report bug and ask if possible to provide quick hot patch.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Michael

Ok, I have gone with a different theme and it is working properly now, except the features table is not showing at all below the pricing table like it did before, but at this point ill take it haha.

Ill just leave this here if anyone else is struggling with the same issue:
    - Make sure you are using the correct Stripe specified test cards: https://stripe.com/docs/testing#cards
    - Test standard wordpress themes because of a conflict with Upfront.
    - "WordPress HTTPS" plugin will make site creation fail as well.

All three of these things will make Pro Sites fail in the same manner, credit card form will reload blank, user WILL be created, site will NOT be created, emails will NOT be sent to user. This makes diagnosing the issue hard so hopefully this helps someone else!

Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.