Pro Sites: Not seeing a cancellation button

I did the update of Pro Sites and now I don't see a cancellation button for a subscription. This is for stripe gateway subscriptions.

Something interesting happening here:

So this issue might have started prior to this version

https://sto****ar.com/pro-site/?bid=89

shows the cancel button and it is a newly created subscription.

And I have subscriptions created a couple years ago

https://sto****ar.com/pro-site/?bid=4

doesn't have the cancel button. Is that weird?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Ben,

Hope you're doing well.

It doesn't seem that this is version related because I can't replicate the issue on my installation, even with checking the subsite created with older Pro Sites version.

Strange thing is that the payment information about both sites seem correct and there's not any difference in their logs that would suggest why the cancelation button is not loaded.

I have gathered the information from chat and my tests and forwarded your issue to our developers so they can check this out in more depth.

Could you share FTP or cPanel details as well in case they need to check this in more detail?
    You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login url
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ben

Given a security breach that happened 6 months ago...i dont give access to the server.

However, I am very available, and experienced developer, and can be made available by chat directly. If I were guessing...developer should find an version (like version 2.x) create an account, then upgrade to version 3. Perhaps there is a database field that is created in version 3 on account creation, that was not created in version 2....as when I reviewed the code...and noted the lines of code in the chat...the cancel button can only occur if certain variables are present...there is no fallback statement...so that's where to dev should start the debug. Its a complicated and great project, I hope the new dev can fix this gap. Thanks.

AND i really hope he reviews the other suggestions...the ability to style things are challenging...for instance...in the div id psts-payment-info-received located in the payment confirmation area...has no classes or ids in its content..its just a big blob of paragraph text. This page is CRITICAL in getting a user to get started on their site...but impossible to change the content and difficult to stylize. Its easier to customize outgoing pro-site emails...this area should have that customization as it is a very critical page in the user experience.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Ben,

Version 2.x was back in 2011 and I checked your account which shows that the version that you downloaded the first time was 3.4.1.
    So I have configured all new network installation, installed 3.4.1 and registered new subsite.
    Updated to latest version and the cancelation link is still there so I'm afraid that we're unable to replicate this and that it's something specific to your installation.

Could you setup a staging site where you can share access so our developers can check this out?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ben

Got it. At some point there was as new update that was a major overhaul by rheinhert I think...maybe it was version 3.5? I don't remember...but the transition was rough (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-am-wondering-if-pro-sites-is-not-renewing-my-clients-and-cancellign) so perhaps prior to that version would be the version to create a user and then upgrade and see if the cancel button works.

IN addition, please review how those 3-4 conditions I pointed out in the chat that have to be satisfied in order for the code to render out a cancel button...that the place to trace back from...and then cross reference if accounts made prior to the big overhaul of pro-sites were using those variables......if you configure an install from scratch...you are not going to find the issue and simply ignoring all the users that were created prior to the most recent release...not the proper way to test...testing completely new installs and ignoring previous subscriptions is not a real test.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Ben,

Yes, 3.5 was the major overhaul of the plugin, and as you can see form my previous post I did try with the older version (3.4.1) but unfortunately that made no difference and I was still able to see cancelation button, here's a short video of the process: https://monosnap.com/file/4GNxQkNFFtX2lG3zwuP3gXRrwmp5Q4

I provided the developers with all that information from chat, but without being able to see this on our end and dig into the files and DB of troubling site I'm not sure how much they will be able to do, and that's why having a staging site could help with figuring out this issue.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Panos

Hi Ben ,

I tried same as Predrag did in order to replicate same issue:

So I have configured all new network installation, installed 3.4.1 and registered new subsite.
    Updated to latest version and the cancelation link is still there

I also tested creating new sites with latest version but I could still see the cancellation option. I am wondering if that blog has been activated or not, since you were having issues with stripe recently.

However in order to check such issues we need a identical staging site where you can replicate issue. A staging site is generally coincided a good practice where you can test all wp, plugin and theme updates before updating on your live site and also for investigating similar cases as this one. We would also need admin and ftp access to that site for further troubleshooting.

As Predrag already mentioned not much we can do unless we can replicate or have access.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.