Pro Sites Not Setting Level Upon Sign Up

Hello,

I'm getting a pretty consistent issue with Pro Sites. This is the process I'm going through:
- Go to /pro-sites, select a level
- Select domain, set email, etc to hold the site
- Go to PayPal in sandbox mode to make a payment
- After successfully paying, I get redirected back and see the "Finalizing your site..." message

However, the Pro Site level is not getting set for the new site. As the super admin, when I go to Sites, it just says Manage next to the new site instead of the level I chose on check out.

I made a change to my levels a couple of days ago and I remembered a support ticket I read a couple of weeks ago. They said something about resetting the payment gateway by editing the API credentials, saving, then removing your edit (so it would go back to being the valid credentials) and save again. I'm not sure if that was for Stripe, PayPal, or both. But I did it for both Gateways.

This morning I set my Stripe gateway into live mode. I don't think that should matter, because in my test where I'm having this issue, I'm using the PayPal gateway in sandbox mode. I'm also getting these IPN responses...so it seems like it's working properly, but there's some disconnect with Pro Sites to set the new site at the appropriate level.

2016-07-14 12:02:27 am PayPal subscription IPN "recurring_payment_profile_created" received. - I-JCEPU768DSV1
2016-07-14 12:02:21 am User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (ashley.nevtecems.com Ultimate: $700.00 for the first month, then $200.00 each month) - Profile ID: I-JCEPU768DSV1
2016-07-14 12:02:20 am Payment receipt email sent to support@nevtecems.com
2016-07-14 12:02:18 am PayPal IPN "Completed" received: $700.00 express_checkout payment received, transaction ID 96X463341C317162U

Can you help?

• Rupok

Hi TJ, hope you had a wonderful day.

Yes, it takes a little it time for PayPal to update IPN. so it may take a little time. Can you please create a site, make a payment through sandbox and then wait for couple of minutes? If you still face the issue, would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

If I can regenerate the issue on your site, we will try to regenerate on our test servers. I'll report to our developers as soon as we can confirm the same issue on your server. Please let us know your test result and if you enable Support Access.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• TJ

I don't know...I might have to reopen this. I've been waiting 15+ minutes and it still doesn't upgrade as it's supposed to.

I am reusing the same username / site over and over. I'm deleting out wp_signups, wp_users the new info that was created, and deleting the site as the super admin. Then I go through the sign up process again.

Am I missing something that I should be deleting? Maybe that's the hang up?

• TJ

When I get the "Your Pro Site payment receipt" email, then everything works fine.

Here's my latest test IPN logs:
    2016-07-14 3:35:02 pm Payment receipt email sent to support@nevtecems.com
    2016-07-14 3:35:00 pm Signup success email sent to ashley.nevis2012@gmail.com
    2016-07-14 3:34:58 pm Pro Site status expiration extended until August 14, 2016.
    2016-07-14 3:34:51 pm PayPal subscription IPN "recurring_payment_profile_created" received. - I-NJ5SYBJW8Y4W
    2016-07-14 3:34:46 pm User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (ashley.nevtecems.com Ultimate: $700.00 for the first month, then $200.00 each month) - Profile ID: I-NJ5SYBJW8Y4W

And details:
    Subscription Description: ashley.nevtecems.com Ultimate: $700.00 for the first month, then $200.00 each month
    PayPal Profile ID: I-NJ5SYBJW8Y4W
    Payment Method: Their PayPal Account
    Last Payment Date: July 14, 2016
    Last Payment Amount: $700.00
    Last Payment Transaction ID: 2UY1257230497915P
    Next Payment Date: August 14, 2016
    Payments Made With This Subscription: 0 *
    Aggregate Total With This Subscription: $0.00 *
    * (This does not include the initial payment at signup, or payments before the last payment method/plan change.)

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello TJ,

Can you check how the transaction looks in your Paypal? I was testing couple days ago similar issue and one site was processed very long by Paypal and in few cases I had to manually approve payments (different currency on accounts).
    Please check status of payment in buyers account and paypal account used in the Pro Sites. Look of payments were send and received.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• TJ

OK. I haven't seen issues today in my testing as I finalize my site. So, basically, if that does happen...where the level isn't set, that's on PayPal for not sending the IPN log? I mean that makes sense, but from my IPN logs that I've posted, it seems like I got the "receipt" where Pro Sites should have upgraded the level based on the successful payment.

It definitely doesn't happen all of the time, but I'm trying to figure out if it's Pro Sites, PayPal, my server...or what...

• Nithin

Hi TJ,

I hope you don't mind me chiming in here, it's pretty tough to determine where the issue could lie, as it's an odd one, and I could also notice that you were getting successful payment receipt. If you are able to replicate this issue again, please do share the screenshot of the transaction, as mentioned above by Kasia of your PayPal, so that we could give a closer look.

Also, if possible, you could try to test this with a live PayPal account, by setting a minimum price, this is to rule out any issue from the Sandbox.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how that goes so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• TJ

Thanks.

Yeah, it's tough for me to figure out where the fault is. I can't quite say it's Pro Sites because it works 90% of the time...I can assume PayPal sandbox because they probably don't have as high of standards as the live site.

If I can have it happen again, I'll take screenshots. They would be pretty much the same as the log output when I started this thread because I created this right after I had it happen, copied the IPN log files, etc.