Pro Sites on multi-db

Is the install and set-up the same for a multi-db? I recall there were additional steps with Supporter and multi-db but I do not see anything stated in the new Pro Sites installation instructions.

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Well I guess I screwed up. Since the new Pro Site instructions did not provide an alternative for multi-db, I installed and activated Pro Sites before the db-config changes. I then deleted ProSites plugin, made changes to db-config and re-uploaded pro Sites after the db-config changes but it is still not working. I assume the problem is connected to my installing it prior to the db-config changes. What should I do?

• antKat
    • HummingBird

We have tried it on our website and found that in the new version plugin the below db-config code is different.

According to the Supporter Plugin Instructions previously we have added the following lines in the db-config file.

add_global_table('supporters':wink:;
    add_global_table('supporter_signup_stats':wink:;
    add_global_table('supporter_daily_stats':wink:;
    add_global_table('supporter_ads':wink:;

But when we check Pro Site code, regarding upgrading the Older Supporter plugin, we found that it renames supporter plugin tables that we have added to the db-config.php file, by new name(added prefix pro_site instead of supporter). So we have also rename the table name in the db-config file.

Is we did right, Please confirm us?

After that we have login as user and but it give us below message:
    "Sorry, but it appears you are not an administrator for any sites.", Then we check its code, It is coded it by expecting that, Site user will have the permission for "manage_option" Or "administrator". But our site users have role as "Editor".

So we replace code for "editor".

Then we checked it, its functioning fine, now if already exist user login then it show to upgrade its plan.

When i go for it here it is showing error message and when we go to admin again it shows that the payment where made successfully and the site is upgraded. Please check attached screenshot for error. Please let us know how to fixed it.

We are using PayPal Pro testing (Sandbox API credentials).

One more question that is this plan selection is also available to our site user at the time of registration?

Looking for your help. Thanks

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

According to the Supporter Plugin Instructions previously we have added the following lines in the db-config file.
    add_global_table('supporters');
    add_global_table('supporter_signup_stats');
    add_global_table('supporter_daily_stats');
    add_global_table('supporter_ads');

You don't need to do this now with the latest version of multi-db, can you try without this in your db-config?

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Thanks Barry,

We have removed the code as we are using new version. But it still having issue as stated below:

After that we have login as user and but it give us below message:
    "Sorry, but it appears you are not an administrator for any sites.", Then we check its code, It is coded it by expecting that, Site user will have the permission for "manage_option" Or "administrator". But our site users have role as "Editor".

So we replace code for "editor".

Then we checked it, its functioning fine, now if already exist user login then it show to upgrade its plan.

When i go for it here it is showing error message and when we go to admin again it shows that the payment where made successfully and the site is upgraded. Please check attached screenshot for error. Please let us know how to fixed it.

We are using PayPal Pro testing (Sandbox API credentials).

One more question that is this plan selection is also available to our site user at the time of registration?

Thanks for your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.