Pro Sites Payments Not Working

I just joined MPMUDEV again to get some updates. Pro Sites was working great with the older version. Today, I upgraded it to the latest version and it won't do anything when you click on the button to pay for a Pro Site Level. Before it would take me to Paypal. Now nothing.

FYI, nothing has changed on my site except for just upgrading the plugin. So it's nothing to do with anything but the update or Pro Sites.

Please help quick!

• Scott

I did some poking around and applied the patch. The buttons now click to Paypal. I am not sure if the rest of it works though. How do I sandbox test this thing to make sure the whole thing works right?

Do I have to create a free test subsite first and then make a sandbox payment to upgrade to one of the levels?

I need to test this thing before I go live again. Frustrating to say the least, since everything was working fine before the upgrade. Argh...

Scott

• Scott

Okay, I created a TEST Site and set everything to Sandbox Mode and put in my API creds.

I went to do the upgrade to a paid level and it went to my sandbox PayPal account fine. It also came back to the purchase page fine, but it shows this message....

"Initial Amount not confirmed for subscription, Please check your associated Paypal account.
    If you have enabled payment review for PayPal, make sure you accept the payment to avail the premium services."

The site is still in the free mode and not upgraded. Does this mean everything is working correctly or is there a problem?

Seems to me since I'm using the sandbox mode, that is should take the payment and upgrade the site to correct level.

Let me know and thanks for the help.

Scott

• Scott

UPDATE: It seems to be working, but I'm not sure.
    When I go to my TEST site's dashboard, it shows it upgraded to the correct level. Hooray!
    But when I click to view "My Account Page", it still shows the same message. Everything else looks okay.
    The message is "Initial Amount not confirmed for subscription, Please check your associated Paypal account. If you have enabled payment review for PayPal, make sure you accept the payment to avail the premium services."
    Is that just a standard message because I am paying in the sandbox mode?

Thanks again,
    Scott

• Sajid

Hi @Scott

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

No there should not be such message with sandbox/test mode.

There should be some delay in communication between PayPal and ProSites. When prosites will receive confirmation from PayPal this message will disappear.

Also make sure you have setup IPN correctly in your PayPal account. You can find your IPN URL in ProSites > Payment Gateways > PayPal Express/Pro (see screenshot).

Cheers, Sajid

• Scott

Hi,
    I checked everything and it's still showing that message even when paying in sandbox mode, but I'm now thinking to change my business model on this a bit, so I am not sure if enabling a payment gateway on Pro Sites is even needed for this...

I plan to do some drip training and will use the new membership plugin to create a few membership levels to access the training. Once someone pays for the training (I guess through the Marketpress plugin?), I would set them up with a free blog for the first 30 days, then after the 30-days, they can choose to keep going with their blog and the next level of training, but it would require them to start paying a monthly fee, since the first 30-days comes with the free website and a one-time price to get the basic level training.

So how can I make this all work? Note: I plan to use the Affiliate plugin so I can pay out commissions.

I would think that I can charge the one-time fee that includes the training and their website for the first 30-days, then if they decide to not continue, it should automatically shut-off their website. If not, how would I get alerted and make sure they don't have access to their website?

But if they do decide to keep going, then their website should continue automatically and be kept current as long as they keep paying their monthly dues.

Is there a way to make this whole thing automated, or will the website portion of it have to be always done manually?

PS: I don't want just anyone signing up for the training or getting a free website, so I will be screening each applicant before sending them the payment details.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks,
    Scott

• Scott

UPDATE: Okay, I got the Pro Sites payments to work and it's not showing that message anymore and I get the welcome email so that part is all working now. Whew!

But, please help me with the rest of this setup.

Since I'm planning to offer drip training and a website for the first 30-days for a one-time fee, how can I make sure their website is shut-off if they decide to NOT continue with the next level of training? How would I get alerted?

Should I set up a Free-Trial with the 30-day limit so the sites gets shutoff after the 30-days?

But I don't want them going to a Pro Sites payment page during anytime to do a site upgrade. I want them to purchase the next level of training which includes upgrading their website to the next level and the site would be kept ON for as long as they keep making monthly payments.

Does MarketPress or the Membership plugin talk to the Pro Sites plugin so that if someone decides to NOT pay for the next membership level, that it shuts off their website and kicks them out of the membership?

I am hoping to make as most as I can automated.

Since I'm screening everyone that wants to do the initial training and setting them up with a website, from there I hope it can be automatic and confirms that everyone made a monthly payment without having me to constantly check.

Also, I would like to pay Affiliates a portion of the monthly payments as well, so not sure how that all ties in.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so tell me if I am in the wrong here and where to post this for some integration help.

Thanks,
    Scott

• Scott

UPDATE: I just ran another sandbox test run and it's showing the same message again....

"Initial Amount not confirmed for subscription, Please check your associated Paypal account.
    If you have enabled payment review for PayPal, make sure you accept the payment to avail the premium services."

What does this message mean? I have the settings set to subscription payments.

It worked once for me and did send the Welcome Email, so it means I have the IPN settings correct.

This time no Welcome Email and that message. What could be the issue?

Thanks,
    Scott

• Scott

It's showing that it's upgrading a website fine when making an initial payment, but the same message keeps popping up and I'm not getting the welcome email. When I check back, it's still showing the same message.

I can downgrade or upgrade a site fine and it says that the update has been made, but no email is ever being sent to state the changes.

The process worked once for me. Nothing has been changed other than me trying to test this thing several times to make sure it's 100% reliable. It seems flaky.

Scott

• Sajid

Hi @Scott

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

First of all please avoid posting multiple questions in same thread. Always start separate threads for separate questions to get fastest response and its also extremely helpful for staff to not get lost into one thread finding the original problem and suggesting a fix for that.

Lets try to solve the payment issue here and start separate threads for other problems.

You said it was fixed before. Can you please share what you did exactly to get it sorted first time ?

Also please grant staff support access by following steps mentioned in following manual so I can see the settings and make a test.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.