Pro Sites Paypal Checkout for subdomain

I am setting up a multisite with the Pro Sites plugin package etc, I did have the subdomains working fine etc, but now when I start testing the PayPal express checkout, instead of the details for the new domain registration being for that subdomain, the system is giving the Primary domain Admin URL. Also, no confirmation emails are coming in now.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Ukandoo Academy,

I'm sorry that this is not working on your site.

I could not test that there because your gateway is in live mode. I did setup debug on your site, so right now can you test again payments or switch gateway in Pro Sites to sandbox mode?
    If you switch to sandbox mode I will be able to test it. if you check again in live mode then it should generate also debug log file and should give us more information about the problem.

Please also make sure that IPN is enabled on your PayPal account and you entered correct URL (you can find it on the settings page of PayPal Express in Pro Sites)

Right now I checked if this is something that can be replicated but I wasn't able to do that on my test site. Using PayPal Express I bought new subsite.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ukandoo Academy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi there Kasia,

I have now set the paypal express to sandbox mode. I did have it on sandbox before but it didn't work at all, and gave a completely different error, so I just put it on live mode and it seemed to have worked. Other than it now giving us the current error we're experiencing.

Is there anything else you need me to do from my end? You guys do have full access to the site so you can change anything you need to.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Ukandoo Academy,

I'm checking your settings now and credentials in PayPal Express gateway seems the same as before. They look like they are live credentials used in Sandbox mode. If you were using the same credentials before they will generate error because you can't use live creds in sanbox mode.
    You need to create testing credentials here https://developer.paypal.com/ under the accounts and then setup IPN under this URL https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/pl/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-ipn-notify

This way Sandbox mode will work correctly.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ukandoo Academy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi there Kasia,

Sorry it's taken so long, but our Lead dev was really busy and only managed to look into the Paypal issue now. I've now correctly setup the sandbox API for Paypal, but on confirmation of registering a new sub-domain website, the Username and the User login url are wrong. Instead of showing the subdomain loging URL it shows the main website login url, as well as the username field is blank instead of showing the username.

Another issue that's occurring is the actual paypal box doesn't have a proper button to press in order to checkout.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Ukandoo Academy,

I can see you opened new thread here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/prosites-registration-confirmation-not-working-properly and seems that its a bug in Pro Sites that shows only on some sites (that is why I could not replicate it on my site).
    I've added this thread to bug report, so if there will be any new development with fixing (I can see its on it way) you will be updated.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.