Pro Sites Paypal Payments Not Recognized - Using Paypal Express Checkout

In Live Mode, Pro Sites is not recognizing successful payment of the Pro Sites membership fee. Please provide some debugging steps to ensure all the settings are right. I double checked my API details and the API details are correct. I also have Paypal Web Payments Pro set up on my paypal account. Currently, Paypal Pro is not enable and I am using Paypal Express Checkout. Please provide any debugging steps that would be useful here. I need to reach conclusion on this and working with Pro Sites has been a long lived nightmare with all the lack of support.

Regards

• aecnu

Greetings ncongo,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Pro Sites plugin

The first thing to do in your best interest is to upgrade your Pro Sites version to version 3.4 in which the change log boats lots of fixes and more:

- Add in PDF receipt attachments to emails with custom logo support
    - Add new email that is sent on pro site expiration
    - Prevent 404 results for bbpress child forums
    - Check user has edit permissions for one blog before loading checkout.
    - If a user has one blog, load checkout page for that blog instead of asking them to select their blog from a list.
    - Search and replace email notification subjects as well as body.
    - Allow newly supported quarterly plans with Stripe
    - Sync Levels with Stripe Plans on switch from test to live (avoid errors when switching to live)
    - Don't show upload quota upgrade message if the site has been given an individual quota override
    - Some style updates

Directly addressing the issue do you have the PayPal IPN enabled? And a return URL of some kind in the URL spot?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings William,

Thank you for your additional question in which the return URL is not of significant importance just there must be one.

The reason why I say that is because the return URL is actually overwritten when the transaction is sent to PayPal and PayPal then knows where to send the URL.

I know it is bizarre but PayPal requires some URL to be in there or this return of the IPN function does not work even when it is sent by the originating script.

The format is something like: http://yourdomain.com/somepath

You can even make a "fake" PayPal landing page if you so desire just to get it working of course and it will probably never come into play form what I can see concerning your installation.

You can also check your PayPal IPN history to see where it is trying to send the IPN and use the URL found there.

Let me know how it goes because if the issue persists even with your PayPal IPN setting all setup, then we need to look elsewhere for a possible reason why it is not resolving i.e. Bad Behavior security plugin etc.

Look forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.