Pro Sites plugin + Stripe + Multisite

Dear WPMUDEV

I am about to start my business. Using your Pro Sites plugin and multi site. I choose this configuration because Pro Sites supports Stripe. Stripe supports all kind of payment methods. Including Ideal. That's why i choose it. I live in the netherlands. I have everything setup on the plugin and Stripe.

Now if i test the site and payments i only have Credit cards and Paypal. I don't see any Ideal payment option!?

I really really need Ideal. Otherwise i am going to lose a lot of customers. Credit cards are not a big thing in the Netherlands. Most people i know dont even have a credit card. Paypal the same. So like i said.. I have a problem.

Is there any way to let people pay for a Pro Sites level/package with Ideal?

I really hope you guys can help me out here.

Regards, Guido

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Guido

I hope you are doing great today, thank you for contacting us and thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, Pro Sites only uses the credit card system as a funding source for Stripe payments. I checked in the support ticket that this was requested some time ago but unfortunately it was not voted for by other members and as a result it was not integrated as it would take a lot of time to integrate.

If you are interested, I have searched around and found a possible solution you may try but it involves other third party plugins. I don't guarantee any thing but I have seen other members with options like this.

Here is a link to a useful thread. I haven't tested this so it might be safe to test in a test environment. This thread includes a Gravity Forms Addon that was created by a member specifically for a similar purpose.

What you will need for this solution: Gravity Forms with its User Registration Addon

This plugin could also play nicely with Gravity Forms: https://wordpress.org/plugins/pronamic-ideal/.

Please have a look at those resources and let us know if you will need any further assistance. We would love to help in any way possible.

I am deeply sorry that there is no easier way to do this at this moment but if you would like to give it a try please go ahead and post a feature request in our Features & Feedback forums, if many members vote for this and we see a bi demand for this, our developers will add this on their schedule.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

• Guido

Hello Mahlamusa,

I am doing fine thank you. How are you doing?

Thnak you so much for looking in to it! But unfortunately the addon from the member is not beeing updated for a year. And already saw someone posting that it didn't work anymore. So it's not a option if it's not updated anymore.

But he posted the plugins on github: https://github.com/sybrew/gf-prosites.

Is it not possible that your developers take those plugins and make it work with gravity forms and pro sites again? It seems like 90% of the work is done. So for a team of developers at wpmudev should not be that hard to make it work right? Especially if you work together with gravity forms.

The pronamic-ideal is a nice plugin yes but also not compatible with pro sites.

I really hope you guys go for the gravity forms solution or make sure we have more payment options. Stripe has so many payment options available... Would be great to see those back in Pro-Sites.

Have a nice day to,
    Regards, guido

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Guido

I am doing fine, thanks for asking, I hope you are doing great.

... So it's not a option if it's not updated anymore.

Did you test it out and see if it does not work? I think it is very like not to work if you try to use it as it is because there are a few lines that need to be changed that are specific to each individual site. When you create a form in Gravity Forms, you create fields that have field IDs, these fields may not be in the same order and may not have the same ID as those in the code so you will have to modify the code to match the field IDs of your form with the variables of the form.

Is it not possible that your developers take those plugins and make it work with gravity forms and pro sites again?

This is possible but we give priority to features with many people who want them. We cannot spend time developing a feature that only a few people will use. The same reason the other member stopped updating the module is the same reason we cannot develop a feature that is not in demand. That is why I suggested posting a feature request and see if anyone votes for the feature or not.

If you have this module installed or some custom code that is not working properly we can definitely help you to make it work. The suggested module is a very good start so test it out and see if it works or not, if it does not work you let us know which part is not working or what errors it is giving and we will take it from there.

The pronamic-ideal is a nice plugin yes but also not compatible with pro sites.

I suggested this because it is compatible with gravity forms and once you have this integrated with gravity forms, you can use the other module to update Pro Sites settings for the blog. Id didn't mean this will be the primary Gateway for Pro Sites, but I meant it will be part of the Gravity Forms solution.

So here is what I suggested:

1. Install Pro Sites
    2. Install Gravity Forms and User Registration Addon
    3. Install Pronamic iDeal (Already compatible with Gravity Forms according to the description)
    4. Modify and install the gf-prosites module, even if it is not updated, you can extend it and make it do want you want.

So once this is set, this will flow like this:

1. User registers via Gravity Forms User Registration Addon
    2. Pay with Pronamic iDeal via Gravity Forms integration
    3. Site is created and relevant Pro Sites level assigned.
    4. Done

This was my initial suggestion so all the modules make up one solution. Unfortunately this is the best solution I can suggest right now. Please let me know your decision going forward. Please note that should you decide to take this on, we will always be here to help in any way possible.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

• Guido

Hi Mahlamusa,

First off all thank you for your great support! You are really taking the time to help me and figuring it out. I appreciate that!

I did not test it out no. Maybe i should do that first. I am not really a developer/good at coding. And i am scared that if other plugins (prosites, gravity forms etc) update that the plugin from the member will stop working correctly. And i am going to use it on a live site with clients. But you are right.. i can test it out. And you guys can help me fixing it when i cant figure it out.

I also understand your developers have a lot of other things on their mind! :wink: So you can not help everybody wit a request. And i know that in the rest of the world credit cards and paypal are way more accepted. Well outside of europe. I wish it was the same in the netherlands. But everybody here use iDeal.

So now i am thinking of wpultimo as a alternative. They are intergrating with WooCommerce for all the payment options. But i would like it to keep everything at wpmudev.

I think i will give it a try. But it will be a bummer if i spend $200,- on gravity forms developer license if it not works haha. But have to take risks.

Thanks again for everything! I will keep you updates how it goes!

Kind regards, Guido

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.