Pro sites plugins and registrations

To whom it may concern,

I have installed prosites on to the website but have a couple of questions.

1. I am letting subscribers use the WPMU Dev plugins, do I need to network activate them or is it better to site activate them

2. Also it is only letting logged in users sign up for prosites but new subscribers will not be logged in. How do I change this?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Peter,

1. I am letting subscribers use the WPMU Dev plugins, do I need to network activate them or is it better to site activate them

That depends - if you want to give access to those plugins all your subsites no matter if they are pro sites or not, then you can network activate them.
    If you are planning to restrict some plugins to pro sites levels - then they cannot be network activated.
    Please note that some plugins (like WooCommerce) are better when they are activated per-site, not network.

2. Also it is only letting logged in users sign up for prosites but new subscribers will not be logged in. How do I change this?

This setting is from your Network Settings - not from Pro Sites, and Pro Sites cannot override it. You have to go to Network Settings and change settings there that both sites and user accounts can be registered.

Let me know if you still need any further assistance here

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Peter

Thank you.

Does prosites and domain mapping have to be networked activated for it to work or is it better to be site activated?

I want to protect the whole network does this mean defender needs to be network activated ?

I want to rebrand the whole network so which activation does ultimate branding need to be given? I don't want subscribers changing the branding

If I want to put ads inside the network which activation does that plugin need?

Kind regards

Peter

• Ash

Hello Peter

Does prosites and domain mapping have to be networked activated for it to work or is it better to be site activated?

Pro site must be network activated, always. There is nothing it can do in subsite level, all needs to do in network level.

About domain mapping, if you want all of your subsites to use domain mapping, then just network activate, otherwise per site activate.

I want to protect the whole network does this mean defender needs to be network activated ?

Yes :slight_smile:

I want to rebrand the whole network so which activation does ultimate branding need to be given? I don't want subscribers changing the branding

Yes, it has to be network activated.

If I want to put ads inside the network which activation does that plugin need?

Do you mean Admin Ad plugin?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/admin-ads/

It needs to be network activated as well.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Peter,

But it is better to have plugins for subscribers such as events, memberships, appointments have site activated and let subscribers activate themselves on their site ?

That depends on your customers needs (and what they expect) - if they are prepared that they will have those plugins available to activate then there is no problem with leaving activation per site, so they can choose what and when activate.
    But if for example you advertise your network as place where they will have ready to work site with booking appointments option - then you might consider network activation Appointments+ as to avoid frustration from your customers.

I hope this helps!

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.