Pro Sites: possible to choose free trial level?

I have 3 levels and am offering a 14 day free trial. I think it'd be neat if people could choose which plan they want to try, rather than defaulting to a single level.

Is there a hook or something I can use when someone signs up for a new site that can then update their pro sites level to whatever they chose?

Thanks!

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hi @ryan_burney

Thanks for posting!

At present I'm afraid it's only possible to allow the trial on one plan. With a bit of custom coding it might be possible to change this though. Unfortunately custom coding is beyond the support we offer here.

What I would do is give new members a coupon which gives them 50% off the first month of their membership, that way they are effectively getting 2 weeks free.

Cheers,
    Mike

• ryan_burney
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the response. That's what I suspected, but wanted to clear it up for sure. I'm going to look into the code and see what kind of hooks I might be able to take advantage of. If I find anything I'll report back.

I like your idea of the coupon, but the one nice thing about a free trial is that you can get people to sign up without providing any payment info, which could be a barrier to some.

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hi @ryan_burney

If you figure it out then please do share your solution here in case anyone else wants to do the same thing in the future.

As for the coupon, I realize this is a problem, I was just trying to offer the next best alternative, I know it's not what you want though, maybe do a 100% discount?
    That way you could say that details are taken, but it's completely free and they can cancel at any time and never be paid.

If you figure out how to do this properly though, I'd be interested to see how you do it :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.