Pro Sites > Post/Page/Product Quotas module can be set per level? Where can I verify the settings

Multi-part question regarding this module:

I've seen several threads regarding this and I'm not sure I fully understand behavior of this module. I have 5 levels - and at each level I want to set quotas for Posts / Pages / Products (all different values). Is this possible?

** I've read - select level, set quota, save, repeat for each level... (I wanted to verify this is accurate).

If so - where can I go to see the quotas per site (ex. with the storage quotas - I can view where each site is - 1.7mb of 10 mb).

You're using:
5 of 10 pages
17 of 50 posts
16 of 20 products

I see the "Products Quota" dropdown, with a "Same as Pages" value (which will not allow me to select anything else). Is there something I have to trigger to make this quota different from that of the pages?

• aecnu

Greetings applemarketing,

Thank you for these additional great questions and a significant items to bring up.

I've seen several threads regarding this and I'm not sure I fully understand behavior of this module. I have 5 levels - and at each level I want to set quotas for Posts / Pages / Products (all different values). Is this possible?

Yes and no. Post and page quotas, yes, dependent upon the choices you make in the post and page quotas located at, while logged into the network admin dashboard go to --> Pro Sites --> Settings --> Post/Page Quotas and make your preferred choices.

Products? What do you mean by products? This may be the no answer, but I am not sure since I do not know what you mean by products.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• applemarketing

Please see attached screenshot in regard to the products I refer to.

Post and page quotas, yes, dependent upon the choices you make in the post and page quotas located at, while logged into the network admin dashboard go to --> Pro Sites --> Settings --> Post/Page Quotas and make your preferred choices.

This does not answer my question. Is this PER LEVEL? If it is, how do I set each?
    AGAIN ** I've read - select level, set quota, save, repeat for each level... (I wanted to verify this is accurate).

Also - where can I go to see the quotas per site? (see my original question)

Also - I see the "Products Quota" dropdown, with a "Same as Pages" value (which will not allow me to select anything else). Is there something I have to trigger to make this quota different from that of the pages? (again in regard to products - screenshot attached).

Thank you.

• Aaron

You can only use one level for post/page quotas, as I think the settings form makes obvious. MarketPress uses page permissions for products by default, so you can't assign a separate quota to products without some custom code in MarketPress to setit up to use it's own permissions. On the subsites there is no view of those quotas untill they meet the maximum, after which it displays your message on the edit dashboard pages.

Storage quotas can be set per level. You used to be able to see the storage quota on the right now widget, but for some reason WP core removed that. I think it can be seen on the upload page, and for sure if they try to exceed the quota.

• applemarketing

Aaron,

Thank you for your response. I agree - the way the form is configured, it would lead me to believe this can be done at one level, Unfortunately there are posts in threads on the WPMUDEV site - leading me to believe otherwise. I was trying to confirm.

Just curious, what is the logic allowing pro sites to change storage quotas per level, but not post, pages, products post type, etc...? Are there restrictions that might prevent someone from coding per level post / page / products? This seems like a feature one might expect out of the box with this module.
    Any tips on modifying the module to make it work per level?

In regard to Marketpress, could you lend some assistance to modification necessary to make this happen? This is an awesome plugin, but I don't know where to make these modifications to complete the integration.

Thank you again for your assistance!

• Aaron

Just curious, what is the logic allowing pro sites to change storage quotas per level, but not post, pages, products post type, etc...? Are there restrictions that might prevent someone from coding per level post / page / products? This seems like a feature one might expect out of the box with this module.
    Any tips on modifying the module to make it work per level?

Only reason it's not there is complexity of coding. You'd have to redesign the form and code to loop through every level, then display the various limits for each registered post type. If you have the skills for this it can definitely be done, just copying the module and creating your own, which can even be in a sep plugin.

In regard to Marketpress, could you lend some assistance to modification necessary to make this happen?

See https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/limit-pages-but-not-products

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.