Pro Sites premium plugins self-activating on mainsite

I don't know if this is a Pro Sites issue, but I have posted it in Plugin Support.

On our mainsite, a message is displayed at the top saying: "There are pending changes to your account. This message will disappear once these pending changes are completed."

I don't know where this is coming from? The major problem is, that we have a lot of plugins for our eating users, that is auto-activating on their site, when they upgrade, but it seems like the plugins are auto-activating on the mainsite too, even though this isn't a Pro blog.

You have support access to the site. Please help

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mathias,

In regards to that message you're seeing, the message happens when Stripe payments is pending and processing the charge to a site.

Be sure that you're also using the Sandbox API with Sandbox mode enabled, and Live API with the live mode enabled, otherwise payments won't complete.
    Check also if you have hook url in Stripe set properly.

The major problem is, that we have a lot of plugins for our eating users, that is auto-activating on their site, when they upgrade, but it seems like the plugins are auto-activating on the mainsite too, even though this isn't a Pro blog.

I've tried to replicate this issue on my testing Multisite, but upgrading one site to the Pro level didn't activated premium plugins on the main site.
    This is happening every time on your site? You deactivated premium plugins, and when the some subsite is upgrading level they are activated? Does this happens when you manually upgrade the levels or only when the payments gateways are used?

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mathias,

Can you add this code to your theme functions.php file

add_filter('psts_blog_info_pending', function() { return ' ' } ) ;

This should remove the message.
    This self activating plugins are weird - if this possible can you make test with deactivating them, and upgrading test subsite to pro to see if it's directly related?

I'm sorry for the long time in my responses, but currently I'm on holidays.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Mathias,,

If i add the code above, then the site goes blank.

Try using the following code.

add_filter('psts_blog_info_pending', function() { return ' '; } ) ;

It actually seems like it is related. I deactivated them yesterday, and hours later a user upgraded, and then they was activated again.

Is it happening with any specific plugin or with all plugins?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mathias,

I showed debug.log from your website to plugin developer and it looks like the sessions are blocked on your server. Could you check or ask your server administrator about this (here is explained how change that http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4585086/how-can-i-fix-the-permission-error-when-i-call-session-start)?
    This issue with self activating plugins is strange, and I can't still replicate it - but it could be related to those errors.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.