[PRO SITES] pro-sites not logging properly

A customer that had their billing expire and the new card has been successfully charged a few times.

However, no logging has occurred for these charges. And in their account it is stating that the last payment didn’t go through however when reviewing in stripe – it did.

So when they visit the /pro-sites/?bid=theirID it gives the message: Your last payment failed. Please update your card below or choose a new payment option.

But all the other info is correct. So the bug is that message shouldn’t be showing, and the logging isn’t occurring.

After the user updated their payment from an expired account and has multiple successful charges.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Ben,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I’m bringing this issue into our developer’s attention so that this could be looked upon closely. Will keep you updated once I get further feedback regarding this asap.

Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

• Joel James
    • Developer

Hey Ben,

Sorry for the trouble. Are you sure that the webhook is setup properly? If the payment logs are not available in Pro Sites, somehow the webhook delivery is failed. Can you give us support access to your site and share the blog id of the customer? If that’s not possible, can you share the screenshots of the Pro Sites dashboard and the logs of the site?

Regards,

Joel

• Ben
    • The Reaper

Sorry for the trouble. Are you sure that the webhook is setup properly?

The missing logs all correspond to the pro-sites update on 13/03/2019, as after that no logs are reported. This is on both networks I run.

So i think the update broke the logs.

• Sohag Ronjon Dey
    • Support

Hi Ben,

Thanks for contacting us. :slight_smile:

We couldn’t reproduce the issue on any other sites. Could you grant support access from the dashboard plugin so we can take a look?

You can grant support access via

WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Support Access

We are using Stripe API version 2018-11-08. But it will be automatically set by Pro Sites.

Let us know once you activate the support access.

Regards,

Sohag

• Ben
    • The Reaper

Joel James

There is a logger of raw data still running that was set up by Panos for testing, I am reviewing those logs and seeing that it stopped logging around the time of the update. So…i'm removing that and seeing if that was creating a conflict. This is what it looks like now from a customer created 2+ years ago that has one subscription and most recently created a successful subscription auto-payment.

• Joel James
        • Developer

Hey Ben,

Yes, Pro Sites need those metadata. Basically blog_id, level and period are stored in metadata for an active blog. You can check that by creating a new site and check the subscription meta of the newly created site. Old blog data may not have all these, but Pro Sites will try to get those data from the database in that case. But I don’t think this should affect the logging feature of Pro Sites. If you could grant support access we can have a look.

Regards,

Joel

• Ben
          • The Reaper

Yikes…that should def be in the readme. Say somebody had a blog created 3-4 years ago in pro-sites that renewed annually…that blog might not have the same metadata in the stripe subscription. Additionally, seeing some users have multiple stripe custom accounts, each with their own subscriptions. Can things operate properly with a single stripe customer, having multple subscrioptions under it as intended, or does each subscription need to have its own stripe customer id to operate properly with pro-sites

Additionally I got logging to work! Panos had given me a script to check the data stripe was sending, but it must have been causing conflict with the newer version of released march and was silently failing the logging. I disabled his must use plugin and now it seems to be logging the data properly.

• Joel James
            • Developer

Yes, Stripe customer will be the same for all blog subscriptions of a user. So one Stripe customer can have multiple subscriptions. If you see different Stripe customer accounts for different subscriptions of the same user, then those accounts should be old. But it should work without any issues. Could you please check the Stripe customer table of Pro Sites and see if those customer IDs and Subscription IDs are synced properly there?

Regards,

Joel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.