[Pro Sites] Prosite invisible level

Hi, I want users to subscribe to an \"invisible plan\" from an specific landing page. How can I achive this¿

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Esteban,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Out of the box, that's not possible. Any level (plan) that's not set to be visible can only be manually assigned to the site by super-admin.

A workaround here could be like this:

- create your landing page with some regular form (e.g. made with Gravity Forms or any other "forms plugins") that your users will use for submission - to let you know that they want to subscribe for that "secret plan"

- make users register for any regular site via Pro Sites (any of the existing visible levels)

- point them to that landing page

- they submit the form and you got a notification that they want to switch to that "secret plan"

- you can then manage site and manually switch the plan.

That's a "sort of" workaround, though it has its downsides too: problems with automatic recurring payments since you cannot setup subscription at gateway for a user and you'll still need to handle assigning that plan manually. So, that might work on a "small scale".

To make it fully automated, you'd need some custom code for this. Take a look at this code here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-set-the-pro-site-level-programatically#post-847790

The code there shows how to assign a selected plan to a given site by code. It's a bit outdated so it might need some adjustments but should give you a general idea. So, based on that code (probably a bit updated to work with current Pro Sites) you could then again build some sort of "submission form" that would automatically assign that "secret plan" to the user's site.

If you don't feel comfortable with coding that by yourself, you might consider asking about it on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.