[Pro Sites] ProSites Shared Access

When I build a new site for a client in my multisite setup:
1.) I'd like to give them temporary dashboard access to add written copy to their subsite before it's launched.
2.) Then, once they pay for access, I'd like the site to be accessible to ALL users added to the subsite, not just the administrator who paid.
3.) Finally, it'd be nice if I, as SuperAdmin, did not have to grant myself unlimited Pro access each time I add a new subsite.

Are any of these already features of ProSites?
Thanks!
Steve

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Steve M

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question.

1.) I'd like to give them temporary dashboard access to add written copy to their subsite before it's launched.

The "pro sites" site creation process, by default, is that the user goes to Pro Sites checkout page, selects the level (plan), pays for it and the site is created and that user immediately gains an access to it and is set as administrator. Before the payment is made, the site does not even exists so it's impossible to give anyone any kind of access to it.

Even if a user selects plan, fills-in and submits a form but skips payment, the site is not created yet (so it's not like: site is setup but not active) and only the "data necessary to create site" is stored in the database.

The case could be different if it's not a user/client who sets up a site but you - as a super-admin - are doing it from the back-end. In such case you could try a "workaround" workflow like this:

prerequisite: make sure that "Editor" role doesn't have access to Pro Sites checkout; that can be set on "Network Admin -> Pro Sites -> Settings -> General" page

1. create a site for the client, not setting is as a pro-site site
    2. enable some "maintenance mode" on it (e.g. with our Ultimate Branding plugin) - so the site wouldn't be available/visible for anyone
    3. add that client to the site as a user of an Editor role

That user should be able to add/edit posts and pages at this moment but not do anything else (add users, make site visible to public etc).

4. once the client is done with editing, raise client's user-role to administrator for that site and the client will be able to "upgrade" to Pro Sites level of choice, which means the payment will be necessary.

Then, once you see the payment is made, you can disable maintenance mode for this site.

I realize it's a bit of additional work but it should make a "workaround".

2.) Then, once they pay for access, I'd like the site to be accessible to ALL users added to the subsite, not just the administrator who paid.

Once the site is paid all the users added to subsite will have access to it, according to their user-role, that's a core WP behavior. Actually, all the users registered anywhere on the network will have a "subscriber level" access, then all the roles above it will be able to access according to the standard "role capabilities" (permissions) and also, if there's no "maintenance/coming soon mode enabled" all the visitors (not logged in users) will be able to see front-end.

3.) Finally, it'd be nice if I, as SuperAdmin, did not have to grant myself unlimited Pro access each time I add a new subsite.

I'm not sure if I correctly understand that. As a super-admin you got full access to any site on the network, regardless whether you are added to this site as an administrator or not and of what is its pro-sites level. I suppose though that I'm missing your point so would you please explain the issue a bit more?

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.