Pro sites questions

As i notice pro sites works with minimum level subscriptions for the themes and plugins.

I have three types of subscriptions A, B, C.

A do not use status plugin.
B uses status plugin but with the limitation of 10 posts.
C uses status plugin with unlimited posts.

Is that possible?

• ThePath

No Prosites doesnt work like that.

It works with levels.

So each user is assigned to a level depending on which one they signed up for.

Basically if you want users to only be able to do specific things then they have to be assigned a level.

There is no plugin(s) I know of which you can set limitations on a per user basis. If there was you would have to set them up manually too, otherwise people would just signup for whatever they wanted.

Prosites will accomplish what you set out in your first post on this thread:

3 levels.

1 level restricts a plugin
    1 level restricts posts
    1 level is unlimited

The above is easy to achieve, if you require more complexity then it can be done with more levels or adding more restrictions to existing ones etc.

Cheers

• aecnu

Greetings theodosis_mourouzis,

Thank you for your additional input and Pro Sites plugin indeed operates on levels as ThePath mentioned and it can also control plugins and themes on a level hierarchy type structure.

You can assign the plugin to a certain level and all levels below will not have access to the plugin but the levels above will.

With the themes you set in the network admin which ones are available to the sub sites and which ones are not and also in the themes section of Pro sites with similar levels having access by hierarchy.

Once you get Pro Sites going then you will want to build out to other things.

Each user may have different plugins and themes.

Each level might but not each users. Users on the same level have the same choices.

Does that help clarify things a bit?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• theodosis_mourouzis

Yes i totally agree with you in every aspect.
    I know that pro sites effects only the levels (when i mentioned users i meant a specific level of users).
    My questions are:
    (1) Is there a standard installation process to follow so all the plugins and themes to be activated on pro sites ?
    (2) What i really want to do is : Pro sited restricts the total space given to certain levels right?
    A: 100MB space,
    B: 200MB
    C: 300MB
    How can i create another level with unlimited space?

Also, the plugins such as "status" where the user upload photos or images or a sentence is affected by those limitations?
    Meaning: If the user belongs to the A level and the photo which is going to be uploaded is more than 100MB will be uploaded or not?
    Because i want to have a limitation on the number of photos that the user can upload or videos provided by "status" plugin.

Also i want to use the "message" plugin. Only Level A users can interact with B,C. Level B users cannot interact with Level C users

• aecnu

Thank you for the great questions.

(1) Is there a standard installation process to follow so all the plugins and themes to be activated on pro sites ?

No there is no standard so to speak because the possibilities of the instances and combinations of plugins and themes is infinite but once the plugin or theme is detected by Pro Sites, you have the option of what levels have access in a hierarchical manner.

(2) What i really want to do is : Pro sited restricts the total space given to certain levels right?
    A: 100MB space,
    B: 200MB
    C: 300MB
    How can i create another level with unlimited space?

There must be a value of some kind there, and for the most part we all know unlimited is not a truth - there is a limit to everything - I am not trying to be a jerk but just simply stating the truth.

Also, the plugins such as "status" where the user upload photos or images or a sentence is affected by those limitations?

It should be just like most of the rest but indeed not all plugins can be controlled by site by site activation and must be network activated escaping the limits imposed by Pro Sites.

What plugin(s) have you had an issue with in your installation that you cannot limit that I should dig into?

If the user belongs to the A level and the photo which is going to be uploaded is more than 100MB will be uploaded or not?

I do not think it will be uploaded being beyond the allocated space.

Have you tested this out and found contrary?

Also i want to use the "message" plugin. Only Level A users can interact with B,C. Level B users cannot interact with Level C users

This one will be a bit more of a challenge to get it to limit by levels but probably will not be a Pro Sites function at that and right now those types of solutions are role related rather then Pro Sites level related.

Perhaps the Chat plugin will do the job once Paul has the private messaging system integrated which he is currently developing.

Please advise to the other items.

Cheers, Joe

• theodosis_mourouzis

Some of the plugins that cannot be controlled by prosites:
    Anti-Splog, batch-create, blog-activity, comment-plus, comment form text, custom-admin bar, messaging, logout redirect, multisite privacy, MU support system, social marketing.

Or for example: messaging plugin sometimes can be controlled by prosites but sometimes after i uninstall and reinstall wordpress and prosites it does not appear

• aecnu

Of course plugins that must be network activated are excluded and some others as well for reasons unique to there own coding. There are some that cannot be site by site activated anyway making them and the previous ones I mentioned irrelevant to end users.

Or for example: messaging plugin sometimes can be controlled by prosites but sometimes after i uninstall and reinstall wordpress and prosites it does not appear

Perhaps a contaminated database or conflicting plugin or theme?

Cheers, Joe