Pro Sites registration not working

New users are no longer able to register a new site.
Also, since setting up pro sites I have had issues with the trial period using PayPal Express & the subscriptions automatically renewing, I tried uploading the files in this thread, although that has not helped
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pro-sites-is-not-renewing-subscription-upon-paypal-ipn-call
I have enabled support access.
Thanks!

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Debbie,

I hope you are well today.

Thank you for letting us know the solution to the first problem (no registrations). That will be useful for other members as well. :slight_smile:

I checked your site and I didn't see anything that really stuck out at me. So, I need to perform some additional tests. However, in order to do so would require me to run some transactions. Since your site is live and taking customers, this could disrupt services. Rather than risk this, would it be possible for you to clone the site to a staging site where we can run our tests without interfering with your live site?

How to setup a staging site: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/set-up-staging-site-cheap-shared-hosting/

Once the staging site is setup, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Debbie,

Just for clarification purposes...

- The user registration issue was resolved by disabling the anti-spam plugin.
    - The PayPal doubling the trial period issue was resolved by the patch in the indicated thread.

So, the remaining issue is PayPal Express subscriptions not automatically renewing?

I just want to make sure I'm looking for the right thing.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Debbie
      • Webb Weaver

Hello James Morris

Yes, the user registration issue was resolved by disabling the anti-spam plugin

Yes, the PayPal doubling the trial period issue was resolved by the patch in the indicated thread (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pro-sites-paypal-trial-integration#post-1145464) However, this has to be done each time Pro Sites is updated.

Correct, the remaining issue is PayPal Express subscriptions not automatically renewing.

I'm also now having a problem when I register test users. Even after clearing cache & cookies, the new site won't display properly & I cannot get to the admin area when logged in as a test user. This problem started after I posted this post.
      Wondering if I should go back to v 3.5.4 on the live site - that way the only issue will be the subscriptions not automatically renewing.

Thanks for your help James.
      Debbie

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Debbie,

I apologize for the delay here. I've spoken with others on our team and it seems this is a known issue that will be fixed in the next release of Pro Sites. Attached to this post is a hotfix you can try and see if this resolves your issue for you.

Can you try replacing pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php with the attached file and see if that works now?

Best regards,

James Morris

• Katya Tsihotska
        • Support & QA

Hi Debbie

Hope you're fine today!

We glad to know that your issue is solved. Unfortunately, this fix isn't included in the current version of the ProSites, but it should be included in next release (3.6.0).

If you have any additional questions please let us know, we always are happy to help.

Kind regards,
        Katya

• Debbie
          • Webb Weaver

Hi Katya,
          Thank you, hope you're also doing fine :slight_smile:

I may hold off on upgrading until the 3.6.0 version is ready.

To confirm, the 3.5.9 version include the hotfix that James posted (to solve the problem of PayPal Express subscriptions not automatically renewing).

Thank you for being patient with my checking on this, it helps me save time in testing, re-adding fixes, etc.

Cheers,
          Debbie

• Debbie
    • Webb Weaver

Hi James Morris ,
    It's my turn to apologize for my delay in responding. I had an adventure in figuring out why I could not log in as a test user. I turns out I had to re-save the code in the htaccess file for the network. Very odd, and I'm not sure how that got changed.
    Once I got that issue sorted, I added the above file & registered a test user. I have the trial period set to 7 days and I'll be able to see in a few days whether Pro Sites extends the subscription automatically. I'll update here to let you know.

Cheers,
    Debbie

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.