Pro Sites Registration not working correctly

Hi Team,

I am having trouble getting Pro Sites to send verification emails to new users when they sign up for a site.

They are not receiving the confirmation email to finalize their new site on the free sign up and when they opt for a paid site the same thing happens.

I recieve a notifaction of new user sign up but thats all.

I'm launching my site this Friday 13 January so I would really like to get this sorted asap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Really enjoying the WPMUDEV community :slight_smile:

Regards
David Flanagan

• Rupok

Hi David Flanagan ,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. This is really weird and should not happen.

Just to make sure no other plugin is causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

You said, you are getting new sign up emails, that means, your emails are going out fine, which makes the scenario more complex. If no emails were going out, then we could think that your email service is stuck on your server.

Can you please confirm if other WordPress emails like password reset emails are going out fine from your server? Can you please provide us your server email log for this site? You can ask your host for this. They can provide you this log.

And though it seems not to be your mail service related issue, but still, can you try installing this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/ and configure it so all your emails are gone through the SMTP protocol? Please let us know the result.

Please let us know how these go. I believe, these will help you in resolving this issue. If the issue is not resolved even after trying all these, we will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• David

Hi Rupok,

Thanks for you're rapid reply :slight_smile:

I followed the guide from the link above and I think i've found the problem.

1. I tried switching themes and still no verification email.

2. I installed WP Mail SMTP and configured it and it still didn't work.

3. I renamed plugins folder and created a new plugins folder with Pro Sites in it. I started moving and testing one by one each plugin and the problem persisted.

4. I was using a coupon for a discount for the first month and when I tried signing up for a site without applying the coupon it worked fine.

Screenshots:

[image pos="0"]

I've included some screenshots that might help.

I recieved a new user notification but no new site notification with the coupon applied.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Regards,
    David

• David

Any further information on this?

I need to use coupons for my pro sites levels so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Like I said, i deactivated all plugins except pro sites and the problem still showed. I changed the theme and the problem still showed. Is this a possible pro sites setting/error or something to do with paypal?

When I tested a new user registration today i was notified of a new user but no notification for a new site. The new user didn't get an activation email either. I checked my paypal account and no new transactions occured.

I'm supposed to be launching the site tomorrow so its kindof urgent now :slight_smile:

Thanks
    David Flanagan

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello David,

I'm terribly sorry for that delay on our side!

By looking at your screenshot there is something very wrong there - subsite is not creating, url is wrong. I'm not sure from you messages if there is only problem with 100% coupon or every time?
    There is bug with 100% coupons and PayPal - I checked bug report and patch is provided (plugin is in testing before release).
    Let me know when exactly new sites are not working.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin

Hi David,

Since you have confirmed that the issue happens, even with coupons disabled. This issue could be related to something else. Since the support access is disabled, I wasn't able to check your website. To troubleshoot this further, could you please enable debug mode, so that we could have a better idea about this issue.

Please disable all your plugins except pro sites, and switch to a default WordPress theme. Once done, to enable debug mode, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please create a new registration by signing up. The related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin