Pro Sites Reserved plugins and themes

Hi,

Is it possible to install themes and plugins that are only for my use? I would like to create some sites that use themes and plugins that are not generally available to any levels.

I was thinking I could creatw a level of membership for only me, but I don’t see how that could work.

Maybe I could enable them for a givem level, use them and then set the level to none. This could be awkward. Any sugestions?

Larry

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry,

Is it possible to install themes and plugins that are only for my use?

Absolutely there is a few ways that this can be accomplished.

Maybe I could enable them for a givem level, use them and then set the level to none. This could be awkward. Any suggestions?

This will work but what I have done to accomplish this was to was to create a level so high that their aren’t any takers and then assign this level to our own sites.

This worked in two different ways, one is it gives me access to all the plugins of the install that were not set to “none”, and second is it gives me exclusive access to everything assigned to this top level.

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe :wink:

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

If I create such a HIGH level, then it will be seen by all users when the go to pay. I would rather not have them see something I don’t want them to ever use. I suppose I could give it a name that would imply that no one should pick take it along with a high price tag.

It would be a nice feature to add a “secret” level only for admin use thate could be extended to sites of my own choosing.

Larry

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry,

Great suggestion and I am with you on a +1 for that!

There are work a-rounds as we have discussed but your suggestion would be the end all.

The other option of course is the none-temporary level-none option that you first suggested.

and that is all the options I can think of without re-coding.

Therefore I will close this ticket, move it to feature requests, and then let the developer know.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Aaron
    • CTO

Is it possible to install themes and plugins that are only for my use? I would like to create some sites that use themes and plugins that are not generally available to any levels.

Yes, you can manually assign themes or plugins on a per-site basis.

Themes are built in to WP: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-and-buddypress-themes/changing-themes-on-a-per-site-basis/

And pro sites adds a plugins override in the same place on the edit-site settings tab at the bottom.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.