Pro Sites sign up page

Hi,
I have some problems with Pro Sites and the Blog Templates.

Question 1.
In the settings for Pro Sites I allow Free Trial, 14 days. I also have the Recurring Subscriptions enabled. I don't want a user to add his/her credit card details when signing up for a new site. Is it possible to let the user to only add his/her credit card details after the Free Trial period (or when he/she decides to checkout?
If I set the Recurring Subscriptions to Disabled it works as expected. But I want the user to have Recurring Subscriptions by default. I know it's working if you use the wp-signup.php page, but I prefer to use the Pro Sites checkout page.

Question 2.
Why have you removed the Email verification when using pro sites checkout page? If I use the wp-signup.php you have the email verification before the site is created. Is it possible to add email verification for pro sites checkout page?

Question 3.
I'm using the Blog Templates when users sign up. If a user forgot to enter some details or add the same email or user name as already exist, the Blog Template stop working (if you got an error or some fields are invalid). All the template pictures is gone and you can't select a template from the list. This is the same for both Pro Sites checkout page and wp-signup.php page.

Br,
Jonas

• James Morris

Hello Jonas Ritzmo,

I hope you are well today.

Question 1.
    In the settings for Pro Sites I allow Free Trial, 14 days. I also have the Recurring Subscriptions enabled. I don't want a user to add his/her credit card details when signing up for a new site. Is it possible to let the user to only add his/her credit card details after the Free Trial period (or when he/she decides to checkout?
    If I set the Recurring Subscriptions to Disabled it works as expected. But I want the user to have Recurring Subscriptions by default. I know it's working if you use the wp-signup.php page, but I prefer to use the Pro Sites checkout page.

Unfortunately, that is not possible at this point in time. Please see the following link for more information: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/prosites-free-trial-signup-that-expires-after-14-days#post-1059808

Question 2.
    Why have you removed the Email verification when using pro sites checkout page? If I use the wp-signup.php you have the email verification before the site is created. Is it possible to add email verification for pro sites checkout page?

The payment details collection verifies the member's authenticity. So, the added step of a verification email is redundant in this situation. There's no routines currently available in the plugin to enable this added step.

Question 3.
    I'm using the Blog Templates when users sign up. If a user forgot to enter some details or add the same email or user name as already exist, the Blog Template stop working (if you got an error or some fields are invalid). All the template pictures is gone and you can't select a template from the list. This is the same for both Pro Sites checkout page and wp-signup.php page.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to replicate this on my test site. In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• Jonas Ritzmo

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I sent you the login info so you can check the question 3 Blog Templates.

I understand how it's supposed to work, so it's okay. I decided to use the wp-signup.php page so the user don't have to add the credit card details. Everything works well and the new site is created with a free trial period. However, after the free trial period, the user is not transferred to the checkout page. I have Recurring Subscriptions enabled and Force redirect on Expiration checked.
    Is it possible to transfer the user to checkout page after the free trial period?

Br,
    Jonas

• James Morris

Hello Jonas Ritzmo,

Is it possible to transfer the user to checkout page after the free trial period?

Sure is! One of the members here came up with a nice little function you can drop in for just this type of thing. The following thread has more details and sample code: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/prosite-disableredirect-backend-on-expiration#post-1030840

Regarding the New Blog Templates issue... I've looked into this deeper on both your site and my own, and confirmed this is a bug. I'm reporting this issue to our Dev Team so they can look into this further.

What is going on is NBT is reverting back to looking for the default screenshot in /wp-content/themes/Divi/screenshot.png. But, Divi doesn't have this file. So, when the bug is triggered, all your template images disappear.

The temporary workaround would be to upload a screenshot.png into all your theme directories so that you are certain to have this file. However, I'm still reporting this to the Dev Team as this needs addressed.

I hope this clarifies a bit. An update will be posted as soon as technically possible regarding the bug. Thank you for your patience while we sort through this. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.