Pro Sites signup complete, but no site created

The payment is not being taken on the test. The page seems to reload without doing anything but registering user.

• Dimitris

Hey there John,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I tried to replicate this couple of times in some local test sites with no avail until now.
    I can see in the registration /pro-sites/ page though, a console warning about a mixed-content error, so I wonder if resolving this resolve the payment issue too.

Could you please try installing a plugin like the Really Simple SSL in order to avoid these errors and give this another try?

Let us know how that goes please!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• John

Hi,

Thanks for you quick reply.

Unfortunately this hasn't solved the issue. The really simple SSL worked great and the errors have gone. but the same problems are happening.

I also don't know if this is an issue but on stripe the webhook doesn't give a response, see image.

When I change the webhook address it then gives a 200 error as expected but I would of thought a reply would show, even if its just 'ok' or something. Not sure sure though.

I can give you access to strip if you need it to look at the logs as there is info showing in the logs but no test payments are being made, not even errors or anything its strange.

• Dimitris

Hey there John,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I further investigated this and noticed that despite the Really Simple SSL plugin, when you first select a paid plan, register and Stripe's form comes up, there's still this mixed-content error.

And this point, where you have the Stripe's form on display, if you try to proceed with payment you'll experience the same reported issue, if you simply refresh the page though, the mixed-content error seems to go away and you can successfully proceed with the payment and the new site creation. :thinking:
    I did so and proceeded with an actual new site creation, as you can see here:
    yourdomain.com/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=psts&bid=3

As this seems as a theme conflict, can you try activating a default theme like TwentySeventeen and try this once more?

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello John,

The "Let's Encrypt" cert itself shouldn't be the issue unless it's not properly implemented. Since the site is reported by the browser as secure, I think there's a different issue here.

I noticed that even though you're using Really Simple SSL, there's still a Mixed Content error on Pro Sites checkout page. That error is actually generated by the Stripe form which is currently in testing (no SSL) mode.

Theoretically, that shouldn't be the problem but since there is that error, it might be possible that some communication is eventually blocked due to being "insecure". That said, I'd like to ask you if you could test that, just to make sure, in Stripe "live" mode. In order to do this, you could e.g. create an additional level for, let's say, 1GBP, switch Stripe to "live" mode (you'll need to use a different set of API keys) and see if that works then (you could then cancel your subscription in your Stripe account, of course, so you wouldn't "charge yourself").

Could you check this please and let me know if the issue is the same or if it works in "live" mode?

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hey there John,

I'm glad that's resolved! :slight_smile:

In order to use the secure protocol in subdomains, you should either use a separate certificate, or make use of a wildcard certificate in main domain.
    Let's Encrypt will offer wildcard certificates from next year https://letsencrypt.org/2017/07/06/wildcard-certificates-coming-jan-2018.html
    since then, you should create separate ones for each new (mapped) domain and subdomain of your multisite.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.