Pro Sites Signup Email Verification Email

Hi,

How do we configure pro sites to send out an email verification email so the user has to click a link to validate themselves when setting up a free site option?

Thanks

• Rupok

Hi Ian Henry,

Thanks a lot for asking. When you have manual payment gateway active for Pro Sites, site admin gets an email to activate user site with an activation link but I'm afraid, users don't get any activation link for activating their sites and this is not possible out of the box. Still, I'm pinging our developer regarding this just to make sure I'm not missing any configuration. If he also confirms that it's not possible natively, then I'll move your thread to our Features and Feedback section. In that case, more people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases. I think, this will be a nice feature for Pro Sites.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Ian Henry

Hi,

I have taken off the manual payment gateway and added a paypal gateway instead.

Will customers choosing the free site option now get a verification email with a link to click?

I noticed the subsite i created earlier to test, did not generate an email to me as the super admin to activate user site with an activation link.

The subsite was automatically created without me having to approve and check anything so what you said should happen did not happen.

• Rupok

Hi Ian Henry,

I have taken off the manual payment gateway and added a paypal gateway instead. Will customers choosing the free site option now get a verification email with a link to click?

I'm sorry if I could not make the thing clear in my previous reply. Please allow me to try again.

When you have manual payment gateway, your site system doesn't know if the site authority really got the payment or not. That's why, when a user creates a site with manual payment gateway, an activation link is sent to admins so they can manually activate the user site when the payment is in their hand. But when you use gateways like PayPal, your system know if the payment was successful because after a successful payment, user is sent back to your server with a response from PayPal that the payment was successful. When your site system sees a successful payment, it creates the site for the user instantly and that's why, no activation link is required.

So, if users sign up for a free site, there is no payment required. So user won't get any verification email, his site will be created instantly I'm afraid.

And when users sign up with a paid site, then his site will be created automatically as soon as the payment is done and successful. In no case, user will get an activation email, I'm afraid.

I've talked to our developer and he confirmed, that currently there is no native way to turn on email activation for sites. Sites are created automatically when the payment is successful, or if it's a free site. Only activation is required when it's manual payment, and that activation depends on admin, not the user.

However, this sounds to be a really nice to me. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Ian Henry

Hi,

I think it is very important that a user needs to verify their email account is a genuine email account in order to keep good standing with email spam rules

We don't want to get flagged sending lots of email to non existant accounts and get our paid amazon or smpt.com email services suspended.

And with sites being automatically created users can at least create 2 or 3 spam blogs before your anti spam plugin gets activated

I created several subsites myself in the test phase before your plugin blocked me from creating any additional ones.

Hopefully your guys can do this.

Thanks

• Rupok

Hi Ian Henry,

I totally agree with you and I believe adding email verification will add value to this plugin. That's why I've already moved this thread to our Features and Feedback section. And I've said before, more people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

I'm looking forward to have more people voting in this thread and have this feature included in Pro Sites plugin.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.