Pro sites signup page not publicly available

Hi there,

I made the Pro Sites Register page a Parent to other pages. Now the Pro sites register page (called "Pro") is unavailable, even after I removed the parent page status; please help?

Many thanks for your help

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Nanakow,

Thank you for sending the site details.

I checked the Pro sites register page (called "Pro":wink: http://home.yoursite.com/pro/ on your site and confirmed it's available for non logged in users as shown in the attached screenshot.

The register page is displaying message "User registration is currently not allowed." as it seems you have not enabled user registration on your multisite.

You can enable registration on your site as described on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/daily-tip-how-to-turn-registration-on-and-off-for-wordpress-multisite/

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Nanakow,

I am not sure about what you are referring as home page bar but i think you are talking about the navigation menu as shown in the first attached screenshot.

If it's true then you can add the pro page to that navigation menu from the Menus screen in the admin area as displayed in the second attached screenshot.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Nanakow
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for the correction, I was referring to the Navigation Menu. I've added the "Pro" page to the Navigation Menu as you suggested but I still can't see the page in the Navigation Menu list.

Please help! Thanks,
    Nanakow

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Nanakow,

I logged in to your site and found you have not selected the "The Main Menu" as Theme locations in the Menus screen as shown in the attached screenshot.

You should check this checkbox and save the menus settings so that all the menu items will be displayed in your navigation menu including Pro Sites page menu.

Now i have checked the option on your site and all the menu items are displaying on your site.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Nanakow,

You will find information about granting support staff access on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I could confirm the issue on your site for pro page that it's now displaying the buddypress user registration form.

The log in details that you have sent to me are only for main site admin user and not the super admin users therefore i can't troubleshot the issue on your site so could you please make the user account that you have sent to me as an admin user so that i can troubleshoot the issue?

This can be due to plugin/theme conflict on your site.

You can just try on your development site temporary using default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen and temporary deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Nanakow

So the problem appears to be BuddyPress and maybe this shows the limitation of my understanding.

I want to create a Pro sites social network. When Buddypress is enabled, I cannot make the "Pro" page the registration page in Buddypress settings because then it defaults to the "Activity" page. If I leave the "Registration" page blank under the BuddyPress settings will the site function to manage registration via the Pro Sites "Pro" page?

I hope the question is clear, if "Register" page in BuddyPress is left unconnected to a page will site registration occur throught the "Pro" page.

If this is unclear the account details you have are now SuperAdmin status.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Nanakow,

So the problem appears to be BuddyPress and maybe this shows the limitation of my understanding.

Yes it's using BuddyPress with Pro Sites issue which i could confirm on my test site using latest version of BuddyPress and Pro Sites plugins.

I have notified the plugin developer about this so that it can be fixed.

If I leave the "Registration" page blank under the BuddyPress settings will the site function to manage registration via the Pro Sites "Pro" page?

I have tested it on my test site but it didn't work for me.

You can try to resolve the issue by using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains the following code,

add_filter( 'register_url', 'my_register_page', 999 );
    function my_register_page( $register_url ) {
    	if( class_exists('ProSites') ){
    		global $psts, $current_site;
    		//allow overriding and changing the root site to put the checkout page on
    		$checkout_site = defined( 'PSTS_CHECKOUT_SITE' ) ? constant( 'PSTS_CHECKOUT_SITE' ) : $current_site->blog_id;

//insert new page if not existing
    		switch_to_blog( $checkout_site );
    		$register_url = get_permalink( $psts->get_setting( 'checkout_page' ) );
    		restore_current_blog();
    	}
        return $register_url;
    }

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Nanakow

Sorry I missed your earlier comment Vinod. Yes, that's the problem I'm referring to. This occurs with the Quick Plugin solution network activated. How can this be fixed?

As for BuddyPress and Prosites, that is my current setup (users must be Prosite members to gain BuddyPress functionality), thank you for confirming this.

Many thanks!

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Sorry I missed your earlier comment Vinod. Yes, that's the problem I'm referring to. This occurs with the Quick Plugin solution network activated. How can this be fixed?

Is it working fine if you deactivate the Quick Plugin?

The "Features Table" is effectively disabled. It cannot be edited (please see attached) so this probably feeds into the problem the page has.

I have just tested it on my test site and found it's working fine.

Can you please try temporary enabling WP_DEBUG mode? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true.

For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting when you face this issue.

• Nanakow

Hi there

I believe the latest update of BuddyPress has rectified the issue I've had with Pro Sites. My (hopefully final) issue is that I can't delete membership levels from the pricing table, please help(!)

Many thanks

Nanakow

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Nanakow,

That's great news! Glad it's working fine for you now after updating the BuddyPress :slight_smile:

My (hopefully final) issue is that I can't delete membership levels from the pricing table, please help(!)

You can delete the Pro Sites Levels from the following path as shown in the attached screenshot.

Network Admin Area -> Pro Sites -> Levels

Are you facing any issue deleting the levels?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Nanakow

I hope you are well today.

I can confirm the issue when you select a level as featured level and delete that level from pro sites. I am marking this as a bug and letting the developer know.

As you have two unidentified levels in the table, please create two levels from Pro Sites > Level, select a featured level from pricing table that you won't delete and then delete new created levels from Pro Sites > levels.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Nanakow

Hi there

I'm not sure I understood your instructions but what I tried is Adding 2 redundant levels, making one of the levels I want a Featured Level, and then deleting the levels I just added; but that didn't work.

Many thanks,

Nanakow

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Nanakow

The issue is already reported to the developer, so he is working on a fix.

As a temporary fix, would you please try the following:
    1. Add if( ! isset( $level['name'] ) ) continue; in line 208 of /lib/prosites/view/pricing.php

and

2. add if( ! isset( $column['title'] ) ) continue; in line 103 of /lib/prosites/view/front/checkout.php

Please let us know if that works for you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Nanakow

Hi there,

I am currently suffering from a similar issue again and I'm not sure how to remedy this.

I've been holding off using the latest Pro Sites versions because they would constantly cause issues to my signup page (https://mydestinyexpress.com/pro/). Recently the sign-up page was no longer working so I upgraded to the latest Pro-Sites version 3.5.1.5, (it was previously 3.2.something).

The signup page consistently redirects to "https://mydestinyexpress.com/pro/?action=new_blog" when a visitor goes to the link "https://mydestinyexpress.com/pro/". How can I solve this?

I posted this on another forum page but reposted here just in case I wasn't supposed to (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pro-sites-new-site-registration#post-990288)

Thanks,

Nanakow

• Nanakow

Also, at Network Settings I've set it to "Both sites and user accounts can be registered.", not sure if that's correct or overriding Pro Sites. I've tried all settings there and it doesn't seem to help.

I've also devolved BuddyPress to v2.3.5 and I'm running Wordpress 4.3.1 as suggested on the Pro Sites WPMU DEV page.

Thanks

Nanakow.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.