Pro-Sites sing-up link error when logged in

We have over 150 expired sites that are trying to renew. Many of the sites had been placed in maintenance mode prior to their expiration. If a subscriber logs in at their site, they get the "re-enable now" link which takes them to the account page which has their site displayed on the upper right but rather than the "Choose Plan" button, they are getting the "Sign Up" button. See screenshot.

• Sajid

Hi @antKat,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

For me it says Sign Up when I see this as not logged in and says Chose Plan when I am logged in.

It means you are on this page without logging in. Is this correct ? If yes then try to login and then check again.

Also, what payment method were you using, it were not a recurring payment method to renew automatically ?

I can't see the support staff access active on any of your site, registered with your account here. Please check and grant support staff access.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• antKat

Hi Sajid, Access has been granted.

When accessing the account page from the main site, the behavior is as you have described
    Logged in sees "Choose Plan" and if Logged Out sees "Sign-Up"

The condition that caused the "Sign-Up" when logged in is if the user had been logged in at their subsite and clicked on the "Re-anable Now" - when they get redirected to the account page their site name is still showing as if logged in but the button is showing as if logged out (Sign-up)

We had over 260 sites with recurring subscriptions, Because of some factor out of our control, we were supporting our existing subscribers but phasing out. In September, we cancelled all of the recurring subscription profiles. Except for the annual subscribers, all of the monthlies are expired. At the end of December, we were given a new license to proceed and now want to be able to re-activate our previous subscribers and start signing up new. We are running into so many problems with Pro Sites. I have many support tickets in for the various issues. So this is the reason

• Tyler Postle

Hey antKat,

I've been testing this out, hope you don't mind that I created a test site and user on your install - I've deleted both now.

I do see the issue on your install, you aren't logged in when you land on the main site.

I tested this on my subdirectory install and on my colleagues subdomain multisite install. In both cases it kept us logged in, as it should in any multisite(unless domain mapping is involved).

So there is something else conflicting here that's causing this. My first guess would be cloudflare. Have you tried disabling that then clearing your browser cache and everything then logging in from a subsite and see if it logs you in correctly once you land on the main checkout page?

At the end of December, we were given a new license to proceed and now want to be able to re-activate our previous subscribers and start signing up new. We are running into so many problems with Pro Sites.

So their subscriptions are currently deactivated in both Pro Sites and the payment gateway and you're wanting to reactivate them?

Yes, so each user will need to reactivate their own subscription, whoever has control of the payment info that is. So they can check out again.

Your issue appears to be when they try to checkout they aren't able to because it doesn't show them as logged in? A workaround in the meantime would be having them login to the main site and then navigate to the /pro-site/ page it will give them a selection of their sites to choose from and upgrade.

Of course, we would like to help troubleshoot the login issue as well, but seeing that this is your live site. I'm not sure it's wise to be doing any troubleshooting on it, do you have a sandbox environment we could run through the proper troubleshooting process on? Plugin and theme conflict checks, turning debug on, etc.? That should help us get to the bottom of this quicker without risking anything going wrong on your live site.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.