Pro-Sites Still NOT working right

NOTE: This is on my development Site (cloned) as WELL as my LIVE site.

I just ran through the ‘purchase’ of a new ProSite site. We’re FINALLY past the paypal sandbox issue. NOW wer’e getting “ALREADY INSTALLED..You appear to have already installed WordPress. To reinstall please clear your old database tables first.”

*NOT getting an email to the email assigned during ‘purchase’.

*Clicking MANAGE gives me (“wpmutest1” has never been a Pro Site.) for the SiteID with the ‘purchased’

*Also in MANAGE is (2017-02-24 3:55:14 pm User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (wpmutest1.com-autoproducts.co Products Co Portal with 2 Website/E-Store’s: $90.00 for the first month, then $40.00 each month) – Profile ID: I-09PWLXJK1PBA) in the Account History area.

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello Ben Smith,

I hope you are having a great day!

I am sorry to hear about the inconveniences you’re having!

First, could you try repairing your database with this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/backwpup/

Is there actually an email sent to the admin about the purchase?

We could tell you better about that issue if we could take a look around and run some tests, so

can you please grant support access to your cloned site so we can take a closer look?

This could be done via Dashboard – WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or by following this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Keep us posted!

Best regards,

Denitsa

• Ben Smith
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

When reviewing the ‘Edit Site’ at the ‘Info’ tab, the URL that is THERE is correct. However, looking also ‘Edit Site’ at the ‘Settings’ tab, the information is for an unknown site which seems to be from wpmu testing … Completely unsure????

Same happens for Site IDs 22, 23 and am afraid to try more without more information.

Your question on email: None is sent to the new user account, YET the user account IS created, but not associated to the newly (improperly) created site.

I will try your repair listed in previous post and reply back when I have an answer from that.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Ben Smith,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

The log file did not come through with your last message. May be you forget to attach because you .txt files are allowed and can be posted as attachment.

However, I could replicate this issue on your site. It does display database error after returning from PayPal website with successful payment.

But it is also displaying the same error message while creating a new a site manually from Network -> Sites -> Add New.

That means, it is not an issue of Pro Sites plugin. Instead it seems to be issue of WordPress misconfiguration. May be some thing went wrong while cloning the site.

For reference, I tested on this site:

http://com-products.co/

Created following domain with Pro Sites after completing the checkout process:

sajidwpmudev.com-products.co

And following from Network -> Sites -> Add New:

testing.com-products.co

First you need to check if you could successfully create new subsites in your live MultiSites instance with or without Pro Sites plugin.

If you can, then try to clone the website properly again by using the Managed Backup of Snapshot Pro plugin or any other plugin of your choice. Managed Backup of Snapshot Pro is recommended, since it will backup whole site at once and later on you can easily restore with snapshot restore script.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Ben Smith
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sajid,

Thank you for pointing me in the direction you did. From what you said, here is what I did:

Steps 1-4 on http://com-products.co

1) I turned OFF Pro-Sites on com-products.co Network

2) I tried from WP Network page, Add New site (dontuse.com-products.co)

The result was as you found….. STILL receiving Already Installed message I described early in this thread.

3) Step 2 I performed another time and THIS time IT WORKS. (red.com-products.co)

4) CONFUSED that it actually worked, I tried again and YES IT WORKS. (newtest.com-products.co)

Steps 5-7 on http://com-autoproducts.co

5) I left Pro-Sites ON for this (our production site)

6) Repeated the Sites->Add New process MULTIPLE TIMES

Sites created: a.com-autoproducts.co; b.com-autoproducts.co; c.com-autoproducts.co; d..com-autoproducts.co; e.com-autoproducts.co; f.com-autoproducts.co; g.com-autoproducts.co

7) IF DID eventually work properly

Sites created: h.com-autoproducts.co; i.com-autoproducts.co

AFTER the sites creation began working, I made this discovery. Perhaps there is something which you can view which may explain this:

The Discovery: My Site IDs began working on BOTH sites as SiteId=31, below 30 the issue which was a major factor was that the site information within the INFO tab and within the SETTINGS tab under the Site-Edit menu was differing. Once I got SiteID=31 and above things are working.

I have NOT yet tried with Pro-Sites re-enabled and am therefore leaving unresolved until I am able to restore this plugin and verify it is not the cause of the above affliction.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.