Pro Sites + Stripe having issues updating subscriptions

Hello,

We were previously running Pro Sites 3.4.3.8 until about 5 days ago. We use Stripe as the payment gateway and it was working perfectly until June 18. The webhooks stopped working properly causing payment to go through but the users site would not activate because it wasn't getting notified from Stripe of the payment.

As a possible fix, we upgraded to Pro Sites 3.5.0.3 on June 19. That fixed the issue with the webhooks working again. However, it caused a new issue where it's now creating a new customer and subscription in stripe for any of the existing users that update their credit card - and still keeps their original subscription active as well so they're getting charged double.

Is anyone else having issues like this, or are there any known issues like this with upgrading Pro Sites? Any ideas for possible solutions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Jeremy, it's Michael, from the live chat earlier today! :slight_smile:

After doing some digging into this on my end, this looks like something that'll require the assistance of our second level support staff, given the troubleshooting required. I've gone ahead and flagged them here for you, but in the meantime, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form, so that it's ready for them:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.