Pro Sites Stripe Refund Bug

I am getting an error where it allows me to refund the stripe payments and cancel stripe subscriptions of unrelated sites when in Pro Sites, network admin

Example, my stripe payment was made on site 133; under a different username (outside of network admin).

If i go into pro sites for any site, in the MODIFY PRO SITE STATUS (bottom left hand) it gives me option to cancel/refund. If i refund, it will issue the refund for site 133; but continue giving me the refund radio button. Further attempts to refund will result in error.

In the top boxes of "Subscription information" "Subscriber information" - it is blank, with message of other gateway (when looking at the unrelated sites)

However, when I go to site 133, it does show the subscription cancel and the refund. And The subscriber information.

The only strange thing is in the subscriber info - it gives me the name of my admin login. However, payment logs on stripe show the email address of the account admin of 133

I will try to purchase again, outside of admin and see if the bug repeats.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings in-mn,

Thank you for bringing this significant issue to our attention.

Though I do not have a stripe account myself and cannot test this issue, it is critical enough that I will bypass my attempt to confirm.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

i purchased with the secondary account, its still there. so it isnt related to having wrong account logged in when used to purchase subscription for a site via stripe

as far as not having a stripe account, its not bad. You should look into them (im a firm believer of stripe)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings in-mn,

Thank you for that additional input, it is appreciated and acknowledged.

I do see that Stripe is still designated as beta in Pro Sites I would guess for obvious reasons and detailed input from great folks like yourself should help us get it fine tuned to production grade.

I revisited Stripe to see why i had not joined it in the past --> it was there fees were too high compared to what I pay PayPal on my 12 years old+ Business account --> 1.9% + 30 cents a transaction.

Now I would consider them if they had recurring transactions or could manually enter the clients data entering them into the system without inconveniencing the clients at all.

Right now they just call us and we input there cc info straight into the system telling our current system to charge them XX recurring XX and off it goes unless the card expires or the clients cancels by calling us.

They do not have to join anything in this case not PayPal or anyone else.

Do you know by any chance if this can indeed be accomplished with stripe?

I have checked their documents and do not see anything that would work that I found, but being on the inside of course tells the tale much better.

Please let me know, I do find it interesting and of course saving money is indeed making money.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings johnm63,

Thank you for the input, it is certainly appreciated.

You are then indicating unlike PayPal that I will be able to enter in my clients information including their CC information and recurring charge amount and date and the client will not have to join or interact at all and it will charge them recurring?

If so then perhaps replacing my Merchant account with Stripe is indeed in my interest.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

I'm having trouble understanding what your issue is. Are you saying that if you manage a different blog in pro sites, and refund there, that it applies the refund to a different blog_id?

Perhaps if you attach some refunds that will help my understand. Also check that the pro_sites_stripe_customers table exists and has a row for blogid 133.

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

Ill check the table.

Yes, in any of the Pro Sites, it shows the amount for the last payment (not for that site).

So if im managing site 150; but site 133 was last to send payment. The refund option in the bottom right hand side (where you can also cancel subscription) will be present. for that last payment received.

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

Ok - here is the summary

The pro sites admin shows a Refund box, for any site, for the last site that attempted payment. Successful, or not. In this case, a site attempted payment (and was declined). However, a refund option appears in all sections of the PRO SITE ADMIN for any site, that tie to that specific sites subscription.
    So a non pro site stripe site (example, site 11, manual payment) has a refund option for this last site.

Unfortunately, while i was making these screenshots to show how it refunds against the test site, a user tried purchasing, and threw me through a loop.

So the test sites i used were

11 and 142.

11 is a manual payment, pre stripe

142 is a successful stripe payment via stripe testing cc, etc.

Example, if 142 was last person to purchase, when i PRO SITE NMANAGE site #11, i see an option to modify Pro Site Status, and issue refunt/cancel. This is for the last person who paid (if it was 142, its for 142, insite the management of site 11)

If I attempt to refund managing site 11, it will issue a refund and cancel the subscription for 142. (if they were the last to pay)

When i attempted this, it tried refunding a different site, as they were the last to attempt a checkout.

---

So when i go into 142, who was a successful transaction, but note, not the last transaction attempted via stripe gateway, and attempt to refund. It now is attempting to refund the last persons transaction

So to reiterate. The stripe integration has a bug, where when viewing the MODIFY PRO SITE STATUS in the Pro Site management it tries to modify the last stripe transaction, not the account specific one.

(And yes, it will successfully cancel subscriptions, etc.)

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

remember, 142 was supposed to be the example. but a failed transaction kept it from letting me refund in site 11, for 142, both 11, 142, and all other sides in pro sites now tries to modify the last transaction attempt made by a customer (the charge even failed)

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

Aaron - I reinstalled the file from wpmudev, still bugged. I opened gateway stripe in the release and compared to the file in this thread, and the rows count is slightly different.

however, now the file above is no longer working either. So something is flubbing it.

Deactivated, reactivated, etc.

Its showing modify pro site status to any other pro site, etc.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers
    PC

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings in-mn ,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

Yes - still a bug. Does this happen on your own stripe install?

Honestly, I would recommend just disabling the refund option until its figured out. Your plugin doesn't "need" to refund, as people are used to logging into paypal to do that type of thing anyway.

I could see it being nice, but i seem to be the only one that's noticed it. Perhaps days of having customer service people wrongfully refund customers make me hypersensitive, but I would just say pull that refund code out and release it as a new version.

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

is the official version the one with corrected code? it seemed that your update then the corrected code didnt have exact files. I could just technically delete all of pro sites, then upload official plugin?

Or do I patch the current pro sites with file here.

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey - latest version of pro sites to fix templates appears to have corrected this.

All done .. not sure why it didnt work before, unless i was downloading a cached plugin/file/etc ---- who knows.,. i did update and it broke, and went to manually add and it didnt work

anyways - all set

:slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.