Pro Sites Stripe Setup help needed

Is there a walk though for setting up Stripe with Pro Sites?

I'm getting an error "The Stripe customer could not be created. Please try again."

I'm not sure if I have API, web hooks etc setup correctly. It was working in test mode, but not in Live mode.

• Clark

Thanks for the reply. It seems the card I was using has a problem, so I tried another one. Here's the error I'm getting on the payment screen (as a user)

No such plan: 299websites_com_au_1_1; a similar object exists in test mode, but a live mode key was used to make this request.

And here's the log from stripe. Do I have to manually add "plans" into stripe? I did not need to do this in test mode?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Clark,

Hope you're doing well today! Thanks for the reply.

Are you testing live credentials on the same site you tested the sandbox payments on? That would be the issue as the blogid is already added to the pro sites stripe customers table. So it thinks that the site your trying to upgrade already has an active subscription.

We make a small note of this on the gateway settings page:

When switching from test to live API credentials, if you were testing on a site that will be used in live mode, you need to manually clear the associated row from the *_pro_sites_stripe_customers table for the given blogid to prevent errors on checkout or management of the site.

So if you want to keep using the same blog for the test, then find that table and remove the associated row for the specific blogid :slight_smile:

***Whenever making any changes to the database always make sure you do a full backup just to be on the safe side.

Hope that helps and if you have any further questions then just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Clark

Hi

I am creating a brand new sub site for each test, so am I correct in assuming the instruction (below) does not apply? I'm still getting the error "No such plan: 299websites_com_au_1_1; a similar object exists in test mode, but a live mode key was used to make this request."

When switching from test to live API credentials, if you were testing on a site that will be used in live mode, you need to manually clear the associated row from the *_pro_sites_stripe_customers table for the given blogid to prevent errors on checkout or management of the site.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Clark,

Thanks for your reply. You're right, if you are testing on a new subsite then that potential issue shouldn't apply.

Can you re-save each of your pro site levels then try again :slight_smile: With Pro Sites you sometimes have to re-save the levels when you switch over to live. You can try changing them to something else then changing them back again.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.