Pro Sites - 'success' page or redirect upon completion

Is it possible to make the Pro Sites order process go to a "thank you" success page upon completion?

I'm seeing other threads about this, and actually found myself on a network site and when I ordered a website - the order never completed... (it actually sent email and created account) - but the order page just hanged there with a spinning gif saying it was being processed - no "next step"

this is sort of serious issue for a whole long list of reasons - is there a setting or a Hack to make this happen?

I label this a high priority, thanks

Rupok

Hi tripvendor,

Is it possible to make the Pro Sites order process go to a "thank you" success page upon completion?

I'm afraid, there is no way to define a separate page as "Thank You" page after a successful checkout, but when a purchase is successful, Pro Site shows confirmation message with new site details on the same pages. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

when I ordered a website - the order never completed... (it actually sent email and created account) - but the order page just hanged there with a spinning gif saying it was being processed - no "next step"

I tried to regenerate this on my test multisite but I could not. When I clicked on "Reserve Your Site" button, the page content refreshed and shown me confirmation text, no spinning gif. So I think this is your site specific issue.

Just to make sure no other plugin is causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access and done with plugin conflict test. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

tripvendor

Hi Thanks -

The 'spinning' gif and no message was on a 3rd party site I was checking out. (their problem not mine)

but... the "Thank You" page solves so many issues related to tracking and affiliate, and upselling and customer satisfaction / support it is ... appalling that isn't implemented.

If it is triggering a completion message, it should be able to trigger something else, like going to a thank you page like 99.999999% of every ecommerce functionality on the planet.

if there were Pro Site competitors, aside from the Gravity Form User Registration option, I'd dump it in a minute... which right now I am deactivating Pro Sites and Trying Gravity Form option. really disappointing

Ash

Hello tripvendor

Gravity form is not an alternative of Pro Sites, it may help you with custom registration form only but not other pro site feature.

So, you can use Gravity Form as registration process, then manually complete the checkout and assign a pro level to a subsite programmatically.

the "Thank You" page solves so many issues related to tracking and affiliate, and upselling and customer satisfaction / support

Would you please let me know what you want to implement? And exactly how a thank you page will help with this? Maybe we can do the same using an action hook?

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

tripvendor

Hi - thank you for following up. (hopefully some of my frustration didn't/doesn't leak too much into the post reply)

First irritation is the ability to use 3rd-party affiliate plugin (we reward affiliates for a lot of stuff outside of WPMUDev - so the proprietary nature of Pro Sites is a pain in the arse - I understand why, but don't like it). As a work around a 'thank you' page would allow adding tracking code on that page for a given affiliate and assign a dollar value without having to integrate with Pro Sites. So getting a double whammy of no affiliate integration. (wpmudev affiliate plugin not appropriate)

Second irritation is tracking shopping cart abandonment (if wpmudev heritage was ecommerce instead of edublogs Pro Sites would have been setup differently from the get go)

Another irritation is walking customers through to the next step. I'm guessing at this point we add a link to the completion message and hope they see and follow it.

if the completion action moved people to a new page we could load cross-sell and up-sell offers, opt-ins, and/ or a complete page advising navigation to other parts of the site together with tips and advice about how to maximize things -- the current default is to send an email and they login to their dashboard... this kills conversions to other offers and hinders developing a relationship with them...

Nithin

Hi tripvendor,

Sorry to know that you are having issues with the plugin, by default this is how the Pro Sites plugin works, ie by design once you purchase the Pro site level, you are directed to a page with site details, and confirmation message screen, and I'm afraid there isn't any alternative way on how these step should be carried.

Regarding a Thank you page, I'll have to ping the developer to check whether a redirection to a new page is possible, and see whether a quick workaround could make this work. Please do note that developers work round the clock with many critical issues, and hence have a slow response time. Either myself, or the developer will keep you posted asap.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin