Pro Sites - trial level setup without having to verify via paypal

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up a trial period. I want users to set up their account and be able to pay me within the 14 days after signup. However, I'm constantly getting a paypal notice saying that I have to pay 0 for account revision. How can I get rid of it?

Have a nice day,
Chis

• Krzysztof

I temporarily disabled pro sites. If you checked it on my site just now than the signup was the default one.

To clarify, when I choose a plan a box popups up below the pricing table. The title of the box says "Checkout with paypal" which is very uncool if I will advertise everywhere that there's free 14 days trial. Going back to the paypal - when I click the button I get send to paypal page where I'm asked to pay 0.00 dollars.

Check it for yourself.

• Krzysztof

This is the exact message I get after chosing a plan

"Your site (---) has been reserved but is not yet activated.

Once payment information has been verified your trial period will begin. When your trial ends you will be automatically upgraded to your chosen plan. Your reservation only last for 48 hours upon which your site name will become available again.

Please use the form below to setup your payment information."

• Krzysztof

OK. So, I may have found a bug. For the moment I have only 1 level in pro-sites. With 2 payment options (quarterly and yearly). When I visit the page .../pro-site/ by default no option is picked. However I still can click "choose plan". When I do that a PayPal box pops up (with the text I pasted in my previous post) and when I click the PayPal button I'm redirected to the PayPal page where I have to pay 0.00. On the other hand when I choose a quaterly or yearly plan and then I click PayPal button, I have to pay chosen ammount. In either case I have to pay before gettign a free trial.

In other words - 3 bugs:
    1 - by default no option in pricing table is selected and i still can chek "choose plan" whith no price assigned to it.
    2 - there's no way I can use trial period without paying upfront
    3 - paypal popus up when it shouldn't

Please do something about it or explain to me what I'm doing wrong

• Krzysztof

When I last signup up to WPMU DEV I had a few problems with issues with your software but come on. Does anybody test it for you? I finally got the trail setup right but another bug showed up.

When I go to the subsite's admin and click "Your account" button I'm redirected to a page where I should pay for the full period. However I'm getting the text that is totally out of place. Our long time favourite:
    "Activate your site

Your site (---) has been reserved but is not yet activated.

Once payment information has been verified your trial period will begin. When your trial ends you will be automatically upgraded to your chosen plan. Your reservation only last for 48 hours upon which your site name will become available again.

Please use the form below to setup your payment information."

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Krysztof,

We do test our plugins before the release, but with all the options and combinations available it's possible that some of them slip through for our testers.
    Pro Sites recently had a big overhaul and we are doing our best to iron out any issues our users are having.

1 - by default no option in pricing table is selected and i still can chek "choose plan" whith no price assigned to it.

I was able to replicate this on my end and have created bug report for our developers.

2 - there's no way I can use trial period without paying upfront

In Pro Sites > Settings you can disable Signup on Checkout option, this will allow users to create new sites without any payment details asked from them.

3 - paypal popus up when it shouldn't

Could you please elaborate this one a bit more or give me step by step instructions and I'll try replicating it on my end?

Would you mind allowing support access so we can activate Pro Sites and check your current settings?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.