Pro Sites update 3.5 kills admin bar on many sites of multisite

When I updated the pro sites, i suddenly had a disappearing admin bar for logged in users and admin pages not loading (the side bar was there but the content of any page would not show. I have had to deactivate pro sites until I can fix this. Will probably load up the previous version till there is a fix.

  • AIPman1
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    yes i can verify that I had done that, I updated it again today before I was completely sure that it was the culprit (in fact, I didn't notice a problem until AFTER the 3.5.0.1 update...but reverting to 3.5 did not fix it. Reverting it to the 3.4...highest version before 3.5, set the admin bar and pages right. Now, whether it's a plug-in incompatibility with something else, or what, I would have to shut down my site and test. but it was for sure disabling pro sites that brought back the admin bar and pages when disabling plug in by plug in, and reverting back to old version has it working for now for me.

    if there is anything you want me to do to help diagnose let me know what.

  • AIPman1
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    OH! and it didn't kill it on ALL sites, though the plug in configuration on a couple of them was the same and one was ok and the other was not. the main site of the network maintained it's admin bar no matter what, and it was only for logged in people that it would disappear where it did. For logged out people the bar, at least, was there.

  • AIPman1
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    Well, sorry for the delay getting back to this. I had reverted to older version and it fixed things for the time being, so I took the weekend off. Anyway, I just did updates from stuff that came up over the weekend, did the update of this one last...i like to do them one at a time and look around in between to make sure whatever is updating doesn't mess up anything. Anyway again....did this update, and this time, there does not seem to be any issues with the admin bar or admin pages. Whatever glitch happened previously, seems to have not happened this time. As no one else is reporting such, and it's not something duplicable, I think we can assume it was just a gremlin. Perhaps on first install try a file didn't transfer correctly. If anything else comes up with this I'll let you know, but I think we can assume it's not a big issue.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.