Pro Sites update 3.5.2 Registration and activation PROBLEMS

UGH!! It had been a slow week - our last successful signup/activation was on 3/16 just before updating to 3.5.2 - then we didn't have any new signups until 1 on 3/19 and another today 3/20. The new sign-ups have multiple problems:
1. We use CIMY user extra fields (and have been for a couple of years), we have never had this problem before but NONE of the extra fields are saved. The fields are still on the sign-up form. We generate the new user's site with a combination of NBT and info that they provide on sign-up.
2. Both of these new sign-ups had successful PAYPAL payment transactions - but NEITHER site had a subscription created and neither site had a PRO Site activation for their payment.
3. I tried to re-install the previous version but with that version, the sign-up form is not activating at all (I guess sometimes you can't go backwards?) and the checkout with PayPal button is active. So I re-updated the new 3.5.2 version. I truly hope someone can look into this ASAP.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello antKat,

I hope you're having a nice day and thank you for your question!

I've installed CIMY along Pro Sites on my own test setup and I was able to replicate the issue. An additional field was shown to the user but not saved to database. I've then downloaded an older 3.5.1.8 version of Pro Sites and tested this again but on my setup no additional CIMY fields were saved as well.

Just to make sure that we're on the same side here, let me know please if this worked for you "out of the box" or did you have to add any additional code (or use specific settings) to make it work before? What was the last working for you versions of Pro Sites, Cimy and New Blog Templates plugins? Are you also using Membership 2 Pro on that setup (if so, what version) or not?

Please advise and I'll then run some further test using the very same versions of the plugins as you did.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello antKat,

Thank you for your replay, this is most helpful!

We can rule out Pro Sites now from this equation I think as it's last update was released on March 14th so your site most likely worked with an updated version. CIMY was also updated recently around a month ago so prior to the moment it stopped working.

The only plugin that's been updated since then would be the New Blog Templates plugin. An update was released on March 17 and included some fixes for broken Gravity Forms integration. That said, I've downloaded the previous (2.8) version of New Blog Templates and set it up on my test setup along the recent Pro Sites and Cimy User Extra Fields. The extra field was displayed to the user during registration and was saved properly.

Therefore, I upgraded New Blog Templates to 2.8.1 (current version) via WPMU DEV Dashboard and went through that test above again. This time the field wasn't saved.

To make this more complex, the issue occured only for premium plans (paid) while for free site it was saved.

That makes me thing that this is what may be also breaking subscriptions, although this would need some further testing. I'm reporting this as a bug to our developers and hopefully they'll be able to identify the glitch in a plugin's code and provide a solution first.

As a temporary workaround, I'd suggest reverting New Blog Templates to previous 2.8 version. You may download it from this here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/download/1802668772_blogtemplates-2.8.zip

Let me know please if that downgrade fixed the issues for now.

Best regards,
    Adam

• antKat

Hi Adam, I need to clarify, the problem with the Insertion error is that we had had to change a line 504 of /blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/copier.php in the previous version 2.8 to change for dynamic row format. I had completely forgotten this when I re-installed 2.8 to remove the new issue.

We had previously asked that the plugin be updated to provide this change:
    $wpdb->query( "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS {$new_table} {$table_body} ROW_FORMAT=dynamic" );

Please provide this to the developer in addition to your findings above perhaps he can add this to the next update.

There are a few WPMUdev plugins that we have had to make some code changes, is there a way to deactivate the ability to automatically update in plugins?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.