[Pro Sites] Update Designer on Pro Site.

What are the plans for the Pro Site plugin?
It would be very important to make an update on the screen designer of this plugin.
There are already competitors advancing in this direction.
Check out this competitor: https://wpultimo.com/

A fully renovated and modern designer ...

Is this in the planning?

Abs,
Josimar

• JOSIMAR
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello!

I also think like Paul.
    I think it's time we looked for other solutions.

WPMUDEV started with the proposal to help primarily the community working with WordPress multisite. That's in your name!

It turns out that in recent years has not made great strides for multisite.
    1) The Pro plugin is already deprecated.
    2) The Snapshot plugin that says incredible backup can not back up the multisite network and allow you to restore a subsite from the network backup. Site-by-site backup is required. Managed Backup does not allow you to restore a specific subsite. What benefit does it bring to multisite ???
    3) The WHMCS MU Provision plugin has been discontinued. This plugin was important to MU community.
    4) Updates that are in Rodmap little will make a difference to MU community ...

All other available plugins can be easily purchased in codecanyon for a much cheaper price than WPMU's signature ....

Is WPMUDEV losing its essence?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello JOSIMAR,

1) The Pro plugin is already deprecated.

The new version of Pro Sites was just sent to our QA team for testing. I can also see in our internal system tasks for the future versions of Pro Sites - so Pro Sites is not deprecated and it is developed.

2) The Snapshot plugin that says incredible backup can not back up the multisite network and allow you to restore a subsite from the network backup. Site-by-site backup is required. Managed Backup does not allow you to restore a specific subsite. What benefit does it bring to multisite ???

I spoke with developers and this will be possible in the future - there is a task for restoring a specific subsite - that one is a complex one. But it will be added to Snapshot.

I wouldn't say we are losing anything. We are shifting in another direction. We want to provide complete WordPress toolkit built by developers for developers. We don't just want to build plugins...
    You can read more about this (and why we retired some of our plugins) on this page https://premium.wpmudev.org/retiring-our-legacy-plugins/ - I hope this explains everything.

We are still very involved with Multisite WordPress - we have dedicated hosting for Multisite https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/introducing-wpmu-dev-multisite-hosting-join-beta-program/
    Our plugins are working on Multisite - we are not limiting our products only for Single WordPress sites.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Paul
    • New Recruit

ProSites may be labeled internally as "still be being developed", but to paying members, all that looks like is that it's not been "discontinued". Bug fixes to make a plugin work with the next version of WP or php is not active development.

I find it impossible to take seriously anything a WPMUDEV rep says about an upcoming plugin's development unless it's actually released to the public. I've been a member for 2 years and in that time I've seen next to no improvements with ProSites, Domain Mapping, or New Blog Templates. The one big change I have seen is the discontinuation of the WHMCS MU Provision plugin - a plugin I had spent some time looking into (so not what I'd call a change in the right direction).

But let's be optimistic. If these plugins are "actively developed", and I have seen little public changes in the past two years, then these so called improvements (happening over those past 2 years) must be massive! But somehow, I think I'm clutching at straws.....

I have now (after WPMUDEV dropped the ball big time!) come across an alternative. So unless roadmaps to all those plugins appear with lots of improvements, and a promise of continuing (as in ONGOING) improvements over the coming years, I fail to see why I would stick around.

Very disappointed indeed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.