Pro Sites - updating subscription terms

We have Pro Sites with a $150 setup fee and 2 term options monthly or quarterly. A new user wanted to sign up for a quarterly term and made the mistake and signed up for monthly. I was under the assumption that if she went in and changed the term to quarterly that what would happen is that the new subscription would replace the old one. When I went into Stripe, I saw that both subscriptions for the same site are active with one running from 10/16/17 to 11/16/17 and the other from 10/1462017 to 1/1462017. The pro Sites account page shows the expiration date of 2/16/2017 correctly. In Stripe, I canceled the first (30 day subscription) so there should only be one now but it looks like she will be billed on 1/16/2017 for next payment rather than 2/16/2017. Is it possible to change a term without creating 2 concurrent subscriptions?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi antKat,

Hope all is well :slight_smile:

I did some tests on my installation and I'm afraid that I'm unable to replicate this behaviour there.
    What I did is I created level with $5 monthly payment and $10 for quarterly.

After that I registered new subsite and paid monthly.
    Now I went back to pro sites status and changed to quarterly payment, what happened is that I was billed another $5, that's the difference between monthly and quarterly payments, and the new subscription properly replaced the old one in stripe.

You can see here both payments that I made and that the only one is still active after switch:

And you can see here the entire process of subscribing and switching to quarterly payments:

Since your site is live we can't perform further tests on your end so is it possible to setup a staging site where we can investigate this further?

Best regards,
    Predrag