Pro Sites - Upgrade After User Creates Website

This question is for a Multisite with Pro Sites to act like Wordpress.com:

Is it possible to make the "Signup" process my basic "Free" package the only choice. This would make it so a user can quickly sign up and get the basic features. After sign up they will have the ability to upgrade to our Premium/Pro versions that have added features like Domain Mapping and analytics.

So the process would be:

User clicks "Join Now"
User signs up for Free with basic package as the only option.
User's site is created via Pro Sites/Multisite
After registration user has the ability to upgrade to our Pro or Premium version that eliminates ads and adds features like domain mapping.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @MikeyMoran,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve this by enabling free pro site sign up in the Pro Sites plugin settings as shown in the attached screenshot and edit the free level message there.

Then in the Pro Sites Pricing Table Styling settings in the Custom CSS option add the following CSS code to hide the Pro Site premium levels from pro sites page for non logged in users.

body:not(.logged-in) div#prosites-checkout-table > * {
      display: none;
    }
    body:not(.logged-in) div#prosites-checkout-table > .free-plan-link {
      display: block;
      margin: 0 auto !important;
    }

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Ash

Hello @MikeyMoran

I hope you are well today.

which setup works better? Sign up free as the setting above OR give the users the option to pay for premium services during the setup process?

Well, it totally depends on the site admin. I would give the user to choose the premium option during sign up. Because, first registering for free and then upgrading the site is just extra step, in my opinion. But after all, it's totally your choice :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash