Pro Sites - Upgrade from a basic profile

I am having an issue with Pro sites not showing an upgrade button in a basic users profile.

The site runs as follows:

Person signs up and gets a basic account (log into forum etc) then to create a blog/site they need to upgrade from this basic account. In pro sites I have set up 4 levels of membership (Free, bronze, silver, gold) which all should enable the creation of a blog/site but with varying levels of plugins as per level of membership.

Can someone run through an install of the above with me as I am getting completely lost.

Thanks
Nicole

• marikamitsos

Hello puregoldmarketing,
    and welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

There is a good tutorial on how to install and run Pro Sites. Did you have a look at it? Do you find you did something different?

Person signs up and gets a basic account (log into forum etc) then to create a blog/site they need to upgrade from this basic account.

Could you please explain how you do this? I mean when users sign (and assuming you have registrations open from your network settings) up WordPress asks: Do you want just a username or a site as well?
    If they choose to have a site they fill out info etc... and they DO get a site.
    Even for your basic level

It is NOT Pro sites that allows/restricts site registration. It takes control ONLY AFTER ppl have already registered for a site.

Please keep us posted.

thanks, marikamitsos

• aecnu

Greetings Nicole,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

marikamitsos did a great job with an answer and is absolutely correct.

To add to that in my own personal sites, Nicole you mentioned they must get a site. As marikamitsos mentioned they are given a choice during registration of "Gimme a site" or just "User"

To force them to get a site in my own personal site I removed the hard coded "User" from the page, this forces them to get a site.

No matter what site they choose, once registered inside they will be hit up to upgrade in many different fashions.

I hope this helps clarify Pro Sites for you.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• puregoldmarketing

Ok i need help with this, I can't go forward until this is solved so please help.

I uninstalled Pro-sites and re-installed from fresh, I followed the instructions to the letter. Thinking I had got it correct I then registered as a test person, ticked 'gimme a site' and hey presto...I was back to the basic profile (attached is a screenshot) and there is no upgrade option.

Using super admin powers I looked at the dashboard of the site that was created and it looked fine so why isn't the test user seeing the same screen?

I've set up the site to have two levels and with 90 days free when people sign up. the site should create a shop/blog per user with marketpress and two different themes dependant upon which level of membership they choose.

• aecnu

Greetings Nicole,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

The opposite as I instructed and as you have now observed will not work.

In effect they did not go through the process of creating a site - they just became a user of your blog/website. No site creation, no site dashboard.

Allow a free trial and set the trial period in Pro Sites to 90 days --> network dashboard --> Pro Sites --> Settings --> scroll down to Free Trial and set it to 90 days -- It will work.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.