Pro Sites upgrade menu disappeared...

Hi,

One user sent a mail to me saying the "upgrade button" wat not here for him. I was surprised so I checked and indeed the upgrae menu is not showing up anymore.

Any idea?

Best Regards

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey @Arom77,

I hope you're having a nice day today and thank you for your question!

Are you by any chance using also our Ultimate Branding plugin? Let me know please!

I'd also like to take a closer look at your setup so would you mind granting me a support access via our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin? In order to do this, please follow this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Arom77!

I'm sorry for the delay on my side! It seems that the support access has expired (it's 72hrs valid only) so could you please re-grant it for me if none of the following helps?

1. Go to the "Network Admin" -> "Pro Sites" -> "Settings" page -> "General Settings" tab and make sure that these options are disabled: Hide Admin Menu, Hide Admin Bar Button (see screenshot)

2. Go to the "Network Admn" -> "Branding" -> "Branding" page and see if the "Custom Admin Bar" module is enabled; if so please...

3. Go to the "Network Admin" -> "Branding" -> "Admin Bar" page and check
    - what roles are affected by settings?
    - if there are any additional Admin Bar CSS Styles added that could hide this menu item
    - try disabling the "Admin Bar" module just to see if it helps

Let me know of the results and if none of this worked, please re-enable a support access and I'll investigate it further.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Arom77!

Please take my sincere apologies but it seems that "going by the book" (by which I mean going through the threads assigned to my in an order of the queue) I just missed the support access final term again, just by a few hours. I'm terribly sorry for this.

However, I've double checked my test setup against the issue and there's one more thing worth clarifying, I think.

The Pro Sites plugin displayed the "Upgrade" link before on basis of current level so admins of the sites of "lower" level were encouraged to upgrade to the "higher" level. It does this no longer and instead all the "pro sites" sites should only carry the "Your account" link. Instead, an "Upgrade" link should only be shown to the admins (and admins only) of sites that are not "pro sites" at all. Isn't it the case here?

Let me know please so we'd have this clarified for sure.

That said, if this is not a case I'm going to ask you (though feeling quite ashamed) to re-grant an access once again. I've already subscribed to this topic in order to be notified of any of your answers and once the access is granted I'll jump into this issue regardless of my normal queue of threads.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Arom77
    • Froggy

Hello @Adam Czajczyk

- I've just tested with a free user account and it looks like the "upgrade" link is here again now.
    - I've made a test with another free user last thursday and there was a problem (I've already opened a thread about it: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/users-cant-upgrade-anymore-problem-with-pro-sites )
    - Is it normal that when I log in as a superadmin (in the same site) I can't see this "upgrade" link?

Could you anyways have a look to confirm it works OK both for free user and pro-sites user?
    Support access is granted again.

Thanks! :slight_smile:
    Best Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.