Pro Sites Upload Quota Limiting the Main Site Storage

Hey guys,
I have the Upload Quota Module enabled on Pro Sites.
I have upgraded my Main Site to the TOP tier plan which has 1gb of upload space...

Problem is, My Mainsite now has a 1gb Upload space issue...

Is there a way to completely turn off the Upload Quota Module for the Mainsite? I want to have UNLIMITED storage for the mainsite.

I have gone into edit the site settings from network admin.I changed the Upload Storage space to 3000mb - This did not work. The only time it works is when i DISABLE the upload quota module in Pro Sites. Only then can i manipulate the Main Site's storage space freely.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Casey,

Thanks for your post.

Ideally Pro Sites also controls the main site but as you will be logged in as a super Admin, that would just show the limits but will not apply on you as you are the super admin.

So you do not need to worry about the main site storage as that would not be limited by Pro Sites and you will still be able to upload stuff as a super admin.

You can go to Network Admin => Sites.
    Find your main site and click "Edit".
    At the bottom of your settings, enter the value you want in the field as per the screenshot. That would override it for the normal admins as well on the main site.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Casey
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey PC.

None of that works for me.

Logged in as just a regular Administrator on both the Mainsite and a subsite.

I set the "Site Upload Space Quota" for these 2 sites differently and none of them changed.
    Also the new version of Pro Sites is still having that problem with a huge lag between removing pro-site status, free trial ending, adding plugins and more.
    I'm using version 3.4.3 (i upgraded and tested and this still didn't fix the upload quota issues)

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Casey,

I will need to have a closer look at your site with more details.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers, PC

• Scott
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Any news on this?

On April 23rd, 2015 it was mentioned in another post that a new version of Pro sites was to be released ~4 weeks from then; which should take care of some of these issues. Hope it comes out soon.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.