Pro Sites upload quota when downgrading

What happens when a site is over quota but they want to downgrade their plan?

Example: A site has uploaded 2 gigs worth of files in their Pro site. They don't want to pay for additional features but still want to keep their site.

Can they downgrade to a plan with only 500MB upload space, even though they are at 2 gigs?

Do they have to delete files?

Will it not even allow them since they are over the space limit?

• WebDoc
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey @JiveDig,

I'm not certain but I believe that they will be able to downgrade fine but once they do they won't be able to upload anymore data.

I use a trick similar to this to enable premium themes to lower level users. I temporarily disable the premium themes, activate the desired theme on the clients site and then reactivate premium themes. This is a good selling tool when people think they are getting more than they pay for.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    David

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @JiveDig

I hope you are well today, I have just tested this on my own site and it appears that there isn't a downgrade procedure, as in, it allows the downgrade even if the upload quota is over, but there isn't a downgrade feature so to speak built into Pro Sites.

I'm going to flag the lead developer here for some clarification on this :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• JiveDig
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hmmm, no downgrade? That seems strange. So they can only cancel? I wouldn't want to give my users only those options. I would hope they could safely change plans, obviously upgrade but downgrade as well without losing or disabling their site.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.