Pro Sites Use Case Setup Questions--Free Trial With No Credit Cards, then Paid Subscriptions.

Hello,

I'm setting up a paid Multi-Site network. I would like to set things up as follows:
1) I would like to enable users to have a free trial for 30 days.
2) I would not like to require them to provide credit card information for the free trial (although I request your opinion on this below).
3) At the end of the 30 days I would like them to be presented with either a monthly or annual payment plan.
4) There will only be one "level" set up. The free trial gets all functionality, and at the end of the free trial, the site is disabled until they complete registration and payment.

I'm guessing this is possible, but I'm not sure how to do it. So far, I have enabled Pro Sites. I have enabled the free trial. I have unchecked "Enable Pricing Table." However, when I uncheck "Enable Pricing Table" it goes from showing the table one way (white table, thin black border, and "Monthly/Annual" input boxes above) to showing the blue and red rectangular pricing table. It never disappears entirely.

Can you tell me how I can make it so the user is presented with the new site registration details for a free trial without the pricing table at all? I could hide it with CSS, but I'm wondering if it's behaving as intended, since unchecking "enable pricing table" seems like it should make the pricing table disappear completely.

On a separate but related note, I have a conversion question. Have you found it's better to take a credit card at the beginning of a free trial, or wait until later? You risk scaring people away from the free trial on the one hand by asking for a credit card, but on the other hand there's a risk of people just letting it expire because they had no "skin in the game."

Thanks for your advice and all your great products!

Best,
Dave