Pro Sites user credit card expired. How to renew?

One of my pro sites subscribers has a credit card that needs to be renewed. Bank merger. How do they change their credit card information?

• Jon Dalrymple
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

It also took me a long time to figure this out. When the user tried to just upgrade the level in pro sites and enter the card payment, there was no notification that it failed. Instead it just took them back to the same sign up page. Shouldn't there be some kind of notification to the user that the card failed?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Jon,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting on the forum.

Could you please tell me which payment gateway are you using?

I can see you are using older version 3.5.1.3 of Pro Sites plugin so could you please try using latest version of it?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jon Dalrymple

I didn't get notice of a new version of Pro Sites until after I posted my last post. So I upgraded to the new version, but I'm still having the same problem. Not sure what's going on, but is seems like something is wrong with the payment gateway. When I enter the new card information, it takes me to the same screen but for some reason the styling is different. On another site the sign up page has contradictory messages above the account status information.

• Mathias
    • The Bug Hunter

I actually have the same problem. One of our users card expired, and then the user just tried to upgrade again, but i won't upgrade the user and the payment is not going thru.
    It just keep showing the message:
    This website will still have premium features until 20. october 2015
    Next payment: 20. october

Using stripe payments.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jon

I hope you are having a wonderful day.

I am confirming you that one of our developers is already assigned on this and I believe he will give us an update very soon. As our developers work round the clock and have to deal with lots of critical issues and bugs, it may take a little while to get the final update.

I'll suggest you to keep your plugins updated and we will surely release a patch or update as soon as we get any update from our developer.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Jon Dalrymple

Hello Rheinard,

Thanks for the message. I got the new version installed, but I don't see anyway to check it. I already updated the CC info of the user that needed it by entering their new card information manually through my Stripe account. Is there another way to check it other than actually having an expired card?

It seems to me like there should be a link or button on the user dashboard that takes them to a page to update their account information. Right now the account button just takes them straight to checkout.

• Samuel
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I'm with Jon on this one - can't find an obvious way in the clients account to change the credit card info. What would be really useful is to have a link on their account page (the checkout page where they can cancel, upgrade, send receipts etc....it would make sense to put it here).

I can't see any reference to this function in 3.5.1.5 - am I missing something?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jon Dalrymple

I'm afraid, for this specific issue, there is no other way to check it other than actually having an expired card.

As you and Samuel is asking for a section where users can update their Credit Card information, I believe @Rheinard can give you better idea on this. Or I can move this to our Features and Feedback section. The more number of people asking for it, the more chances it will be available.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Jon Dalrymple

Hello Ben,

Thanks for sharing that idea. That is what I did for this particular user, but it is not very efficient or very professional. Users need to be able to make the changes themselves for security and to keep the work load down for the administrator. I think it will become more of an issue as time goes on.

-Jon

• Ben
    • The Reaper

@Jon Dalrymple

Have a few questions for you:
    1. Have you upgraded your version of pro-sites after june?
    2. Do you have any subscriptions in your system that are actively renewing using stripe on both stripe side and on the wordpress side (i.e. not canceling pro-site status?
    3. Are the blogs signed up after june or before june?

Thanks Jon

• Jon Dalrymple

@Ben

I have upgraded the pro sites version with every release since about a year ago.

I have several subscriptions that are actively renewing using stripe. And it works on both sides. But they do get an email notification each month saying they are canceled, but a few minutes later another email comes that says the subscription has renewed.

Some are signed up before June some after.

Hope that helps.

Jon

• Ben
    • The Reaper

@Jon Dalrymple

Very interesting and strange. Are you running nginx for your web server?

each month saying they are canceled,

And you are positive they are cancelled on the wordpress side? Do you have to manually make the site a pro-site again after the cancellation? Or can you do nothing?

Thanks

• Samuel

Thanks for moving this to features and requests @Rupok - I agree that having a sectino for users to update their credit card details is an absolute must!

In general, I think it'd be worth splitting up the users account into different pages or tabs so they can choose to upgrade/change subscription, edit account/payment info, edit their profile etc.

Really hoping this kind of stuff makes it onto a release in the near future.
    Sam

• Creatura

In general, I think it'd be worth splitting up the users account into different pages or tabs so they can choose to upgrade/change subscription, edit account/payment info, edit their profile etc.

Really hoping this kind of stuff makes it onto a release in the near future.

I agree on this, it will make the front-end more user friendly :slight_smile:

• Rheinard

Hi @Jon Dalrymple and others,

This issue will be fixed in an update today 3.5.1.9, and I take on board what @Samuel and @Creatura said. A UX update here will definitely make the plugin better. Pending some bug fixes, I will make this one a priority. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
    Rheinard

• Jon Dalrymple

Hello Rheinard,

Thanks for the update. I see the part of the checkout page that says "Update your credit card by selecting your current plan below and proceed with checkout." But I have not tested it as I don't have any card information to update, but I trust it will work.

Will the UX update have a more noticeable link to update their card info? Seems like that one sentence could be overlooked easily.

Thanks for your work on this.

Jon

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

I don't think this feature works. I've tried it in Stripe test mode, but after updating the credit card, the original information still shows. And Stripe still shows the original credit card, with no mention of the new one.

Also, I also vote for a better interface for this. In testing, users have told us that the current method looks a bit off-putting. They worry that if they check out again they will be double-charged. Other e-commerce services have a more straightforward approach.

Thanks,

Mark

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.