Pro sites VS membership for subscription access, whats the deal?

so now I'm stuck on figuring out what does the visitors get to click on to be a paid member?

There is the pro sites in the menu bar showing all levels to subscribe too, then there is the membership subscriptions in the menu bar showing all levels to subscribe to, too?

The free subscription is set to 0.00 dollars, and I want to give them a free 3 day access without paying to checkout features before they buy? it is not working like that for me?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @cry1978

Hope your well today and thanks for your question.

Are they meant to be getting a site at sign up? If they are, they need to sign up via wp-signup.php, in Pro Sites, set the modules/gateways and enable the Pay To blog.

Then in Pro Sites > settings, define the free trial as 3 days, then after their free trial period they'd need to pay to get access :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• cry1978
    • The Incredible Code Injector

when visitors click on the register link, they can register using;

free subscription (I see after they join it says you have x days until they have to pay)

Basic subscription (paid)

Gold subscription (paid)

vip subscription (paid)

I did have the time to create a basic free user and now I see the x days until the free acount expires. But is there a way for members marketpress stores to have access to my marketpress store, so there stores generate up all my 100's of products for sale and my sale's pages?

• cry1978

I would like to set a price for all my 100's of products to be used in a marketpress store or in a membership site. I want members to be able to pay for this auto products marketpress or membership site, this will give them all my products automatically and even when I add new products to the site?

If you don't have that setup you should?

I want them to pay one price for all products, say $100 or $200 for xxx amount of products, then charge them to use the store on a low fee basis.

• cry1978

my products I have for sale costs me hundreds of dollars, and time sorting through them making sure they work and with no virus in them, also setting them up in there own niche categories. I think I have like about 200 or so hot niches to sell that should make a killing. so I want to set a one time payment for these products and have it in there stores on autopilot.

• cry1978

On the Subscriptions page it says

Your current subscriptions are listed here. You can renew, cancel or upgrade your subscriptions by using the forms below.

But it only shows what subscription they have only and not an option to upgrade too?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @cry1978

Hope your well today and thanks for the additional information, from your description I think we might not need both Pro Sites and Membership, but let's see :slight_smile:

What's the overall goal? Do you want a site with ex amount of products, that they automatically get copied to their store on sign up?

And for this they need to sign up for a paid site correct? But can they get a site with no products for a cheaper price?

But it only shows what subscription they have only and not an option to upgrade too?

This depends on the payment gateway and the subscription method used, could you let me know if your using serial, finite or indefinite?

I believe it may be better to just use Pro sites here, sorry for all the questions above!

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• cry1978

My subscriptions page is showing all the subs now, not just there own.

I did this, put 0 into the length they have to wait until they get to subscribe to a new plan on that page. it was set to 3 and now to 0 and all subscriptions show now.

Yes I do want them to have a niche store with products defined for that store, I believe to make this happen, I would have to create about 100 different sites and up on different domains?

so I have my wordpress site to sell wordpress products, then have:

Google Plus site with products

twitter site with products

facebook site with products

setup a whole lots of different product sites like this to different domains or can one pro site and membership site do this?

after I figure out all these 100's of plugins, I can show you what I really mean, but I think you know already.

I have about 300 GB's of stuff to sell

• cry1978

I haven't really had a chance to find out about what the membership site can do, I have been jumping around web hosting companies about 4 lol, trying to setup the sites again, and then my new hosting was to pull all the wordpress multisite that I was working on over to there server and lost all my content and the content in each sub domain. so I had to do it all over again, I re-done this about 5 or 6 times this week and losing sleep and patience lol.

But thanks for helping and I hope I can get an extended help line support, It's been a fun this week.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @cry1978

Hope your well today and thanks for the additional information.

I believe here the best way would be to setup a multisite, then setup a sub site.

Once this is done, add all your products on the sub site, and install our new blog templates plugin here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

Define the sub site you just created as a default template in New Blog Templates and then when someone sign ups for a site, they'd automatically get all the products on their site.

You could then use Pro Sites to charge for the sites :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• cry1978

ok so what I am getting is I can create different niche sub sites using that new blog template and clients can select that template to use when they go to create a sub site?

Is there more then one of these kinds of blog templates, or do I make more different blog templates for each different niche sub site?

Is there a plugin for selling sub sites? that would be the bomb lol

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @cry1978,

Hope your well today.

That's correct :slight_smile: So what happens is you create templates, as many as you want, each template is a site, a user can then choose a template/site at signup, a template can be picked more than once.

The closet you can get to selling sub sites is Pro Sites :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• cry1978

so what if a user wanted to put these sites on there own domain?

There is two ways I would like to do this, let them buy my web hosting and set the products globally so it will not take up web hosting resources. is it possible to host all the products in one location and let clients sell from there store in domain B to the super admin domain A/product/downloads/ ?

also if they have web hosting and do not want to change I would like to grant them access to the products from my store to their own?

How does this process work?

• cry1978

I thought that would do the trick but wasn't sure if it was talking about "IF the main wordpress install was setup as a sub domain" now I know its talking about user or other sub domain setups thanks.

But I did find another way around that and it worked to install multisite with sub domains and not as directories.

also, my ssl company said that if I just created every website as a directory then the ssl will work for all my sites protection :slight_smile: they do not protect sub domains. so what everyone might want to do is setup the main paid sites as directories that is what I usually do.

• cry1978

ok, so it is on enom and not on my hosting, the problem with that is IF I moved to a new web hosting then my enom free account through them would be removed and my clients domains? or will enom take over the domains?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.